Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Prints for gallery

pentflash
Posted 03/09/2012 - 15:28 Link
Hi.

I’ve been asked to print few of my photos for a small galleries showroom. Are there any quality services you could recommend me from your previous experience? I’m kind of tight on the budget and need to find the best possible solution without spending a fortune. :

My friend ordered prints for his own needs from this place link, but I don’t know if they are OK for professional purposes. Please, throw in some links if you have ordered some prints lately.

Thanks!
Life is full of frames but only few of them will be captured.
Blythman
Posted 03/09/2012 - 15:59 Link
http://www.dscolourlabs.co.uk/

Ordered three 12"x12" and nine 16"x12" today. With postage came to £20 in total. Hope to have them back by Wednesday to give me time to decide which ones to mount for the camera club on Thursday
Alan

PPG
Flickr
pentflash
Posted 04/09/2012 - 07:51 Link
Sounds great. Could you give me some feedback about the quality when they will arrive?

:
Blythman
Posted 04/09/2012 - 09:02 Link
No need to wait. I'm a repeat customer. This is my fourth order and I'm very pleased with the quality.

My first set of prints came back dark, but that was my fault as my monitor wasn't calibrated.
Alan

PPG
Flickr
gartmore
Posted 04/09/2012 - 11:21 Link
I can't recommend Loxley Colur highly enough, orders usually delivered in under 24 hours
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
simonkit
Posted 04/09/2012 - 19:13 Link
Blythman wrote:

Ordered three 12"x12" and nine 16"x12" today. With postage came to £20 in total. Hope to have them back by Wednesday to give me time to decide which ones to mount for the camera club on Thursday

IMHO can't be beaten on price vs quality, I've had hundreds of prints and all have been excellent

Simon
aliengrove
Posted 05/09/2012 - 10:17 Link
simonkit wrote:
Blythman wrote:

IMHO can't be beaten on price vs quality, I've had hundreds of prints and all have been excellent

Simon

I've had a lot of prints from them too, had one where the colour was a bit out, but that may have been my fault. All printed on Fuji paper, great quality and very cheap, as well as very fast service.
Blythman
Posted 05/09/2012 - 11:18 Link
Blythman wrote:

Sent my order online via the "Desktop Kiosk" approx 9am Monday. Received Tuesday lunchtime. Just paid for 1st class too.
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Edited by Blythman: 05/09/2012 - 11:18
McGregNi
Posted 05/09/2012 - 17:00 Link
I used FOTO.com for the first time last month, and I was blown away by the quality and reasonable prices. I ordered 11 'Posters' as they call them, the biggest are 90cm by 70cm, and they come with black plastic strips (hangers they're called) that clip onto the top and bottom of the photo. Very good value, and fine quality.

They had a deal, half price prints if you buy the hangers, and on average I paid about £10 per poster, extrordinary for these sizes. Printed on Fujifil Crystal Archive paper - I was very very satisfied.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
pentflash
Posted 06/09/2012 - 14:23 Link
Greg, how much time did it take to deliver goods? :
McGregNi
Posted 06/09/2012 - 14:34 Link
Sorry, my username could be improved! I'm Nigel. Foto.com are in Belgium, so it took a few days more than I'm used to from UK places, but absolutely worth the wait.

I received my poster prints 9 days after ordering. Very well protected I must say, in a strong narrow box rolled up with the hangers in a separate compartment.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
womble
Posted 06/09/2012 - 15:30 Link
I've used the excellent services of the Siskin Press. Their gallery service is not just getting prints made. He looks at the images, rings you up and discusses paper types and editing, etc. For those few prints you want absolutely perfect, it is a great if not cheap service.

I am, however, getting a little bored with my "exhibition" in my hallway. I'm tempted to get some prints made of my Venice photos but I'll have to find a lab that'll do traditional darkroom enlargements for those.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.