PPG acceptance process - any clues?

giofi

Link Posted 19/03/2013 - 12:27
Hi,

I have posted 2 batches of photos in the Pentax Photo Gallery over the past weeks and they all got accepted, and all in the same batch at the same time. In the past it used to be so that different photos were accepted, or rejected, at different times, I guess depending on votes received.

The fact that they are all accepted at the same time (and indeed that they are all accepted) would indicate that the process has changed and it is easier than before.

Any clues?
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery

Mike-P

Link Posted 19/03/2013 - 13:03
I gave up submitting photos to the PPG sometime last year .. they accepted everything I uploaded and I'm certainly not THAT good
. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 19/03/2013 - 13:03

giofi

Link Posted 19/03/2013 - 13:19
Mike-P wrote:
I gave up submitting photos to the PPG sometime last year .. they accepted everything I uploaded and I'm certainly not THAT good

Well, that certainly applies to me, hence my question....
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery

tyronet2000

Link Posted 19/03/2013 - 14:10
Perhaps if no one votes for your photo it defaults to a yes vote. I was surprised and a bit chuffed any of mine got approved but now that bubble is well and truly burst
Regards
Stan

PPG

Mike-P

Link Posted 19/03/2013 - 14:18
I'm sure yours were the exception Stan
. My Flickr

giofi

Link Posted 19/03/2013 - 14:28
tyronet2000 wrote:
Perhaps if no one votes for your photo it defaults to a yes vote. I was surprised and a bit chuffed any of mine got approved but now that bubble is well and truly burst

Stan,
I really like your pictures on PPG, they would be there in any case!
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery

giofi

Link Posted 02/04/2013 - 20:53
Well, I decided to do a test of the acceptance process and I submitted 2 pictures that definitely should not make it to the gallery. I am happy to report that they were both declined!
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery
Last Edited by giofi on 02/04/2013 - 20:53

MSurgenor

Link Posted 02/04/2013 - 21:49
I was sometimes surprised with some of my pics that were accepted, equally I was occasionally disappointed. I will own up to waiting a few months and resubmitting a couple of my 'rejects' which were then accepted. Every picture I have on 500px (except the one not taken with a Pentax!) has been submitted at some point to the PPG so you can see how many I have had rejected...
---------------------
My Flickr Page
My 500px Page
My Pentax Photo Gallery Page
K-5 & D-BG4 grip; Lenses smc DA* 16-50mm, smc DA* 50-135mm; AF-540FGZ flash
Last Edited by MSurgenor on 02/04/2013 - 21:52
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.