Portrait and Landscape issues.

phillipjclay

Link Posted 02/12/2017 - 12:12
I`ve ahd issues with portrait photos on this sit and also on Pentax Forum. Many people have tried to help but put the problem down to something in the way my computer and software handles the image. I use approximately 5 other online site for photo`s etc and have NEVER had this problem or issues with orientation at all and while using the k3 don`t think Ive ever had an issue. Only with this site and Pentax Forum.

After a long discussion with a guy called Adam he changed the Pentax Forum website and it worked I can now upload portraits no problem. I have included what he said he`d changed.

Update:

I have implemented automatic rotation both for attachments and the gallery, so your thumbnails should (hopefully) look good from now on. Take it for a spin and please let me know!

Thanks,

Adam

Would it be possible for admin to change the setting on this site or at least add orientation to editing part of system as I am getting sick of landscape.

On a plus note my landscape photography has improved greatly. If administrators can look into this.

Thank you Phil.

johnriley

Link Posted 02/12/2017 - 12:50
The thing is I suppose that when we upload an image the site uploads it as we send it.

The problem may occur when the image hasn't been prepared first with orientation data. I have a feeling that rotating an image in Windows, for example, and then saving it rotated might not actually rotate it at all, just how its viewed by the software.

There wouldn't be a problem if either the camera auto rotates in the first place, or we save the image in Photoshop.

How do you save your images Phil?
Best regards, John

JAK

Link Posted 02/12/2017 - 13:58
Is there a vertical image on the site somewhere that is displaying horizontal? I'm asking as I can't see one affected by this.
John K

Aitch53

Link Posted 02/12/2017 - 14:13
johnriley wrote:
The thing is I suppose that when we upload an image the site uploads it as we send it.

The problem may occur when the image hasn't been prepared first with orientation data. I have a feeling that rotating an image in Windows, for example, and then saving it rotated might not actually rotate it at all, just how its viewed by the software.

There wouldn't be a problem if either the camera auto rotates in the first place, or we save the image in Photoshop.

How do you save your images Phil?

Rotating an image in Windows Photo Viewer then opening it in Elements seems to preserve the rotation, if you see what I mean.
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

phillipjclay

Link Posted 04/12/2017 - 13:06
I just used microsoft to store and view Jpeg images but Coral for any RAW editing. I don`t have any orientation issues anywhere else but this site and Pentax Forum. Adam the guy that sorted this said all images are downloaded or transfer landscape on any system but then altered back. Its something on the website software that`s not returning the image back. I have also tried to save portrait to landscape and uploading but that still does the same.

This worked wit the other site can it be done here?

I have implemented automatic rotation both for attachments and the gallery, so your thumbnails should (hopefully) look good from now on. Take it for a spin and please let me know!

If not I can stick to landscape but would be great to just upload both. Cheers again
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.