Playing with ICM and normal landscapes

cardiffgareth
Posted 25/06/2021 - 22:09 Link
Popped out yesterday to play with some different compositions here where I live. I feel I've shot all the main compositions so now looking for different angles and viewpoints. Had a play stopping the lens right the way down which is normally a no no for me but wanted to drag the shutter as much as possible to get as much motion blur in some of the images as I could. All with the Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm and handheld with the I.S activated.

1.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

2. Slightly different angle
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

3.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

4.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

5.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

6.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

7.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

8.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

9.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

10.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

11.
Comment Image
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Sry
Posted 25/06/2021 - 22:39 - Helpful Comment Link
These are really cool Gareth (and coincidentally in sync with my more recent experimenting). I just love that 'edge of reality' feeling that emanates from your set - beautifully done.
1stEverPentax
Posted 25/06/2021 - 23:30 - Helpful Comment Link
In my limited experience Gareth I've found it works better if you take the IS off.
LennyBloke
Posted 27/06/2021 - 11:34 - Helpful Comment Link
As Karlo has suggested the use of IS has probably worked against you here - with it off the effect may have been a little more fluid. Some of these are "nearly but not quite" for me - no.10 being so close, if the movement in the grasses of the foreground had been more pronounced I think it would have been a better final image.
Sorry if I sound a bit harsh - but it is meant constructively (and is just my opinion)
LennyBloke
cardiffgareth
Posted 28/06/2021 - 20:46 Link
Thanks all. Lenny, not harsh but true. It's something that I'll revisit. I think I confused people when I said ICM! When I said ICM I meant in camera movement so keeping the camera stationary and awaiting the wind to move the grasses and capture that with a slow shutter speed. Clearly this isn't ICM and moving the camera mid exposure so I haven't explained it properly With no ND filter so just stopping the lens all the way down, I was handholding at 1/13th which isn't giving a lot of time to capture that movement but on some has, albeit subtle!

Appreciate the comments
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo