Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Plastic 35mm on an istD

K10D
Posted 30/12/2011 - 17:42 Link
Thought it best to try the lens.

Quick trip to Darlington this afternoon for fresh pork pies, so took the seven years four months old istD with the plastic 35mm Amazon special.

Weather was yuk.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

It has potential. Great to go back to the istD. What a pearl. CF card and no silly large rear display.

Comparing my istD to my fast bodies, it's a pleasure to slow down and enjoy taking photographs.

In real terms, possibly Pentax's finest DSLR. Simply a basic photographic tool with no glitches or issues, either mechanical or firmware.

She's not the fastest lady in town but she produces the goods when asked and without issue.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
fatspider
Posted 30/12/2011 - 18:39 Link
Mine is used quite often for snaps of the grandkids, I also use it for web and ebay pics, during summer months it resides almost permanently in the boot of the car.
Despite the poor reviews it got when released the istD is a great camera and a lovely little piece of Pentax history.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
K10D
Posted 30/12/2011 - 19:19 Link
I only read one review Alan. It was by Herbert Keppler. If that man was happy with it, it was too good for my meagre efforts. First used it in New York with my FE 17mm and 15mm Pentax's. Two blind shots with histogram assessment followed by magic results.

link

Mines going back to Oz with a Sigma 70-200 EX Mk1 + 1.4TC.....watch this space.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
Edited by K10D: 30/12/2011 - 19:22

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.