Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pictorial spam

davidwozhere
Posted 15/04/2015 - 23:50 Link
The advertisers seem to have found a new vein of freebies to mine by putting their wares into picture form and posting adverts on the gallery page. Not only do they steal advertising space from the site owners, they annoy people with their unsolicited junk.

Is there any policy about it?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
johnriley
Posted 16/04/2015 - 00:03 Link
Spam is spam and isn't allowed. The offending picture has been removed.

If there are any more I've missed, please send me a PM about it.

As a rule though, PMs and reports on spam aren't needed as it will be noticed next time we log on. If some time has elapsed and you think we've missed it, that's the time to let us know.

Many thanks!
Best regards, John
johnha
Posted 16/04/2015 - 00:23 Link
Thanks John. I'm surprised that apparently 'professional-ish' companies spamming in this way think they can get away with it. They leave themselves wide open to ridicule and end up looking like an amateurish outfit pretending to be professionals. It's a good job we're camera geeks and not a bunch of hackers!

John.
sterretje
Posted 16/04/2015 - 07:04 Link
johnriley wrote:
As a rule though, PMs and reports on spam aren't needed as it will be noticed next time we log on. If some time has elapsed and you think we've missed it, that's the time to let us know.

I sometimes report spam. I don't report when it's a new thread because I know it will be picked up. I only report if it's a new post in a thread.

Do you also pick those up? If so, you must have a lot of reading to do
Pentax K10D + Vivitar 55/2.8 macro + Super Takumar 55/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 85/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 135/3.5 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 200/4 + Super Takumar 300/4
Pentax K100D + DA18-55ALII + DA55-300
Pentax K5 + FA31Ltd + M50/1.7 + DFA100WR + M120/2.8 (+ DA18-55WR at occasion)
johnriley
Posted 16/04/2015 - 07:10 Link
Quote:
I sometimes report spam. I don't report when it's a new thread because I know it will be picked up. I only report if it's a new post in a thread.

Do you also pick those up? If so, you must have a lot of reading to do

Yes, I would pick those up as well. I read everything on the forums several times a day. If I miss something, one of the other mods will likely pick it up. We don't miss much!
Best regards, John
ken2390
Posted 17/04/2015 - 22:18 Link
Come on the mods. Estate agent been on the gallery all day,wakey, wakey

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.