Pics from the Garden
Posted 20/11/2007 - 09:36
Link
Hi Clarky
That first pic is nice I cant help staring at all the flower heads its like some type of medusa's hair thing, (I am a bit of a sucker for macro/close up flower pics like that). The second and third two dont quite work for me although I couldn't tell you why.
The fourth pics is good but what ever sort of bug that is, its not quite as photogenic (sp) as a spider !
I cant wait to get out their and have a play, only 8 weeks to go
Regards
PaulM
That first pic is nice I cant help staring at all the flower heads its like some type of medusa's hair thing, (I am a bit of a sucker for macro/close up flower pics like that). The second and third two dont quite work for me although I couldn't tell you why.
The fourth pics is good but what ever sort of bug that is, its not quite as photogenic (sp) as a spider !
I cant wait to get out their and have a play, only 8 weeks to go
Regards
PaulM
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
Some are more equal than others
Posted 20/11/2007 - 10:06
Link
Thanks Paul i look forward to some of your postings. And you are right you can't beat a good spider pic
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 20/11/2007 - 10:11
Link
Love the first one.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 21/11/2007 - 08:26
Link
Great photos. That first just seems to make you look at it and into it.
Does that make sense?
Does that make sense?
Posted 21/11/2007 - 16:38
Link
First one yes is fabulous, love the subtle green bokeh, suits it well.
I am trying to decide between a 10-20 WA and a Macro, back to macro again - wish I cd have both!
I am trying to decide between a 10-20 WA and a Macro, back to macro again - wish I cd have both!
Posted 21/11/2007 - 20:41
Link
first one is a cracker!
Please call me aj,
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Posted 21/11/2007 - 21:23
Link
Quote:
First one yes is fabulous, love the subtle green bokeh, suits it well.
I am trying to decide between a 10-20 WA and a Macro, back to macro again - wish I cd have both!
I am hoping to get a 10-20 for X-mas if i can convince Santa (and my wife) i have been a good boy this year
First one yes is fabulous, love the subtle green bokeh, suits it well.
I am trying to decide between a 10-20 WA and a Macro, back to macro again - wish I cd have both!
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 22/11/2007 - 20:40
Link
Some nice pictures there Clarky. I'm looking forward to putting my Tamron Macro through it's paces when the sun comes out again ..................
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Posted 23/11/2007 - 14:45
Link
All those macro shot made me go for a macro - Damn that LBA - is so hard to choose.
Went to a photo evening with Casper Tybjerg - a "world renown" danish nature photographer (unfortunately he uses N*****) http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Forside.aspx - he had some cracker phots of spiders - just as you Clarky. (actually this shot was priced best nature shot 2003 - http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Foto/GALLERI/Natur.aspx (the green spider shot)
It sparkled his career - and he know works as a photographer and "photo journalist".
Anyway - Sigma had a small stand at the show - in the breaks we could see and touch the whole product range - with some very nice prices. So - I ordered the 105mm macro and I'm getting it tomorrow
The prices was very good (for danish prices) and on same level as SRS and others - but without the shipping. So overall a very good offer
Can't wait to go shooting some bugs and flowers......
Went to a photo evening with Casper Tybjerg - a "world renown" danish nature photographer (unfortunately he uses N*****) http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Forside.aspx - he had some cracker phots of spiders - just as you Clarky. (actually this shot was priced best nature shot 2003 - http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Foto/GALLERI/Natur.aspx (the green spider shot)
It sparkled his career - and he know works as a photographer and "photo journalist".
Anyway - Sigma had a small stand at the show - in the breaks we could see and touch the whole product range - with some very nice prices. So - I ordered the 105mm macro and I'm getting it tomorrow
The prices was very good (for danish prices) and on same level as SRS and others - but without the shipping. So overall a very good offer
Can't wait to go shooting some bugs and flowers......
Posted 23/11/2007 - 23:00
Link
Quote:
All those macro shot made me go for a macro - Damn that LBA - is so hard to choose.
Went to a photo evening with Casper Tybjerg - a "world renown" danish nature photographer (unfortunately he uses N*****) http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Forside.aspx - he had some cracker phots of spiders - just as you Clarky. (actually this shot was priced best nature shot 2003 - http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Foto/GALLERI/Natur.aspx (the green spider shot)
It sparkled his career - and he know works as a photographer and "photo journalist".
Anyway - Sigma had a small stand at the show - in the breaks we could see and touch the whole product range - with some very nice prices. So - I ordered the 105mm macro and I'm getting it tomorrow
The prices was very good (for danish prices) and on same level as SRS and others - but without the shipping. So overall a very good offer
Can't wait to go shooting some bugs and flowers......
NimitzAll those macro shot made me go for a macro - Damn that LBA - is so hard to choose.
Went to a photo evening with Casper Tybjerg - a "world renown" danish nature photographer (unfortunately he uses N*****) http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Forside.aspx - he had some cracker phots of spiders - just as you Clarky. (actually this shot was priced best nature shot 2003 - http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Foto/GALLERI/Natur.aspx (the green spider shot)
It sparkled his career - and he know works as a photographer and "photo journalist".
Anyway - Sigma had a small stand at the show - in the breaks we could see and touch the whole product range - with some very nice prices. So - I ordered the 105mm macro and I'm getting it tomorrow
The prices was very good (for danish prices) and on same level as SRS and others - but without the shipping. So overall a very good offer
Can't wait to go shooting some bugs and flowers......
I am pleased to see you decided to take up macro and looking forward to seeing some of your shots with your new sigma (I am sure there will be plenty)
Some great shots on that site (i like the frog on the leaf )
Here's a shot of a Cicada i snapped Yesterday

Another reason i love macro is for its convenience. I only have to walk out the back door and theres a smorgasbord of subjects
Good luck with your snapping.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 23/11/2007 - 23:25
Link
That's one UGLY little bug... I think we get the buggers about here as well, kids call 'em 'sprinkler bugs' because they sounds like one of those knocker sprinkler heads
I Love what you're doing with that lens... The Lens Envy has started already
I Love what you're doing with that lens... The Lens Envy has started already
Posted 24/11/2007 - 00:14
Link
Quote:
Nimitz wrote:
All those macro shot made me go for a macro - Damn that LBA - is so hard to choose.
Went to a photo evening with Casper Tybjerg - a "world renown" danish nature photographer (unfortunately he uses N*****) http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Forside.aspx - he had some cracker phots of spiders - just as you Clarky. (actually this shot was priced best nature shot 2003 - http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Foto/GALLERI/Natur.aspx (the green spider shot)
I have a similar shot of that award winning spider. Nimitz wrote:
All those macro shot made me go for a macro - Damn that LBA - is so hard to choose.
Went to a photo evening with Casper Tybjerg - a "world renown" danish nature photographer (unfortunately he uses N*****) http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Forside.aspx - he had some cracker phots of spiders - just as you Clarky. (actually this shot was priced best nature shot 2003 - http://www.ttf.dk/Dansk/Foto/GALLERI/Natur.aspx (the green spider shot)

Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3125 posts
19 years
Sydney Australia
All taken with the Tamron 90mm Macro
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|