Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

Photoshop CC

BMurray
Posted 23/04/2014 - 13:20 Link
when i process a RAW file is there a way i can save the settings i use for the next file, trying not to be longwinded but if i have 3 shots of a bride and groom, say, smiling then going in for the kiss then kissing i want to be sure that visually all the shots are the same, i have tried multiple processing but it won't let me do it until i am out of the RAW programme. I hope this makes sense and any help will be appreciated.
B Murray
Posted 23/04/2014 - 14:13 Link
Open your RAW file in the DEVELOP module of Lightroom, do your edits and export file from Lightroom as a DNG file.
Locate image on disk and choose >open with Photoshop, this will automatically open in ACR (Adobe Camera Raw)
Click on the presets tab (upper right, three sliders icon) and click on Create New Preset at the bottom of the Presets panel, type a name for the preset and click on the options to be saved as part of the preset, save and the Preset will now be available in ACR.

Regards

Karl Weaver
BMurray
Posted 23/04/2014 - 14:19 Link
perfect, thanks so much. i couldn't find a presets area but its been right in front of me the whole time.
B Murray
McBrian
Posted 23/04/2014 - 15:10 Link
If you'r using LR to process your RAW files why do you need to have a preset for ACR?

All your raw developing can be done in LR by copying and pasting setting or use the LR sync function if you want to automate a whole folder/selection.

You can save your settings as a preset in LR too!

This is all assuming you have and use LR
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
McGregNi
Posted 23/04/2014 - 15:16 Link
In Pentax Digital Camera Utility you can do the editing on the first file, then select that file in the browser view, right click and choose 'copy parameters' .... now click-select all the other files then right click and choose 'paste parameters'. All the editing settings will be stored in each file and when opened for editing in the programme the sliders will all be in the same positions as per your first image.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
BMurray
Posted 23/04/2014 - 15:23 Link
i have only just acquired LR they had a good deal on LR and PS CC for £8 a month for both so i haven't had a chance to get familiar with it yet. I am moderately used to PS but i do intend to learn LR when i get a chance.

McBrian wrote:
If you'r using LR to process your RAW files why do you need to have a preset for ACR?

All your raw developing can be done in LR by copying and pasting setting or use the LR sync function if you want to automate a whole folder/selection.

You can save your settings as a preset in LR too!

This is all assuming you have and use LR

B Murray
Posted 23/04/2014 - 15:23 Link
BMurray's question specifically mentioned 'RAW programme'

"but it won't let me do it until i am out of the RAW programme"

If the question had mentioned LR then I would have explained the process there
McBrian
Posted 23/04/2014 - 19:09 Link
:
Glowingblue wrote:
BMurray's question specifically mentioned 'RAW programme'

"but it won't let me do it until i am out of the RAW programme"

If the question had mentioned LR then I would have explained the process there

Glowingblue wrote:
Open your RAW file in the DEVELOP module of Lightroom, do your edits and export file from Lightroom as a DNG file.

Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Smeggypants
Posted 23/04/2014 - 21:07 Link
Haven't read the thread so apologies if this has already been said ...

BMurray wrote:
when i process a RAW file is there a way i can save the settings i use for the next file, trying not to be longwinded but if i have 3 shots of a bride and groom, say, smiling then going in for the kiss then kissing i want to be sure that visually all the shots are the same, i have tried multiple processing but it won't let me do it until i am out of the RAW programme. I hope this makes sense and any help will be appreciated.

Just use Lightroom. You can select all three pics and apply the same processing to all of them at the same time.

or if you've worked on on image, yo ucan apply those settings to another one by selecting the new image and hitting the Previous button
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.