Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Photo tours

ilovesaabs
Posted 15/02/2018 - 22:50 Link
I always tend to get the sympathetic looks when I use my Pentax, until it rains and then I start mocking
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
johnha
Posted 15/02/2018 - 23:33 Link
I can see the merit of a photo tour, and given the right tour, wouldn't necessarily mind the expense. I'd be a bit cautious unless you know who the leaders would be and their experience, but their local knowledge should get you to the most scenic locations. I wouldn't expect much in the way of camera handling advice, but some tips on landscape photography would be helpful.

I'm not too keen on the idea of a group of photographers tumbling out of a mini bus, all setting up their cameras in the same spot, pointing in the same direction and snapping the same shot (some of the CaNikon guys shooting at 10fps, Leica M uses shooting with their lens caps on, 'blad users trying to unjam their lenses...). Or the prospect of communal chimping back at base.

If it's an expensive or 'once in a life-time' kind of trip, I'd be looking to take the best camera I could, possibly trying to rent a 645Z or similar. I'd be taking my P67 outfit and a lot of film.
RobL
Posted 16/02/2018 - 08:02 Link
I’m old enough and self-confident enough not to give a toss about what other camera users say but I confess I haven’t encountered any brand-bragging face to face. Photographers I have met are simply interested in discussing their mutual interest. The trip is a belated 70th birthday present to myself and following my new year’s resolution to get a better balance between doing things and working, although probably booking something at the other end of the year is overly optimistic given my age.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.