Photo Paper

FAT8BIKER

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 14:51
Hi all
As anybody bought epson paper from 7Dayshop, as they have 2 for 1 promos on at the moment on ebay.
All so is there a best by date on paper, its such a long time since i printed my own i have forgoten.
John Riley talking about Eric Fishwick brought back the old days. i bought all my chemicals/paper etc from Haydik as the locals called it.
Regards
Dave

PeterKR

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 18:13
FAT8BIKER wrote:
Hi all
As anybody bought epson paper from 7Dayshop, as they have 2 for 1 promos on at the moment on ebay.
All so is there a best by date on paper, its such a long time since i printed my own i have forgoten.
John Riley talking about Eric Fishwick brought back the old days. i bought all my chemicals/paper etc from Haydik as the locals called it.
Regards
Dave

Hi Dave
I've used Epson paper on both Epson and Canon inkjets and found it good stuff. I'm currently wading my way through a stash of the lower grade 190gsm paper, simply called Epson Photo Paper. This is packed in 70 sheet packs of 6x4 and was on BOGOF, i.e. 140 sheets for around 7, at 7 Day Shop a couple of years ago. I use it for all general 'album prints' but use better quality (heavier) paper for 'specials'.
I found that I had to tweak the settings on my previous Epson printer to get better brilliance and lose a greenish tint (but perhaps that was due to the 'compatible' cartridges?)
With my current Canon MG5250 printer I just print using default settings. The prints look poor 'as printed' but dry out to a reasonably good colour and brightness after 15 minutes or so.
I notice that the current offer is on the 190gsm, 225gsm and 255gsm papers. The lighter one which I'm using is FAR cheaper than the others !
Try one twin pack to start and see what you get - or to be scientific, try both the 190 and the 255 and see what difference it makes ?

Good luck
Peter

chunky

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 18:41
Hi Dave,

We bought a whole boot full of Epson Premium Glossy and premium lustre when it was on BOGOF at a store in Inverness.
The poor assistant looked a bit miffed when we asked how much they had in stock and went on to say "Well take the lot" that was in 2009 and we are still using it when we do odd freebies or someone asks us to scan and print and old neg ".....but I don't want to spend a fortune"
No problems at all on either of our Epson 3000's . In fact prints done on Premium Glossy look rather good and often impress people.
Chunky
Last Edited by chunky on 11/01/2012 - 19:10

fatspider

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 19:24
Epson premium glossy WAS my preferred paper until I got an A3 printer and found the deals available on A4 were not as readily available in A3.

I found this on Ebay link (not from that particular seller) and find I get excellent results, I also got 40 worth of Permajet paper free when I bought my Eco-Flo Syatem from them, so I chose their gloss, that also gives excelent results, I've not even had to install profiles for either paper and use the same settings I was using for the Epson, didn't even need any changes from the Epson in to the Permajet.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

chunky

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 19:57
Now Alan, this sounds remarkably familiar.
I use a third party paper and it prints very accurately using either their own inks or Epson inks.
Furthermore yet another third party paper manufacturer produces a 'High White Smooth' matt paper that produces identical results to Epson Archival matt when we run them through our Epson 4800.
Ilford Gallerie Smooth Pearl and Ilford Gallerie Gold Fibre Silk (our favourite paper) also give superbly accurate colours using Epson inks and inks from Fotospeed.
All the above are printed using settings found in the printer software.
I keep worrying that I'm not doing it right. Silly me!
Chunky

FAT8BIKER

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 20:26
Thanks all
Very helpfull as allways.
Regards
Dave
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.