Photgraphing under 18s

George Lazarette

Link Posted 28/07/2009 - 08:20
I am sure most of the advice given is good, and well-intentioned, but asking permission to do what you have a legal right to do smacks of giving in to, and thereby bolstering, the general paranoia.

It's only a cricket match, after all. If scantily clad girls were playing netball, it might be a different matter. I might even question myself then!

However, if you want some help and cooperation from the subjects, rather than shooting discreetly from a distance, then of course introductions would pay dividends.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

Classvino

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 17:02
George Lazarette wrote:
...If scantily clad girls were playing netball, it might be a different matter...

However, you probably would (much like the way an animal in a herd of zebras is difficult to see) be somewhat protected by the crowd of other photographers there...
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror

yelvertoft

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 19:13
George Lazarette wrote:
If scantily clad girls were playing netball, it might be a different matter. I might even question myself then!

When my wife and I were looking around to move house, many years ago, one place we got the details for listed amongst its features as "Overlooks the playing fields and netball courts of the girls high school". One had to wonder just why this feature had been listed. Times have changed, I dare say the agent would get lynched for this sort of thing now.

Don

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 19:20
George Lazarette wrote:
I am sure most of the advice given is good, and well-intentioned, but asking permission to do what you have a legal right to do smacks of giving in to, and thereby bolstering, the general paranoia.

It's only a cricket match, after all. If scantily clad girls were playing netball, it might be a different matter. I might even question myself then!

However, if you want some help and cooperation from the subjects, rather than shooting discreetly from a distance, then of course introductions would pay dividends.

G

I agree that is why I suggested you 'Let them know you'll be there" as opposed to asking permission.
If you informed them you intend to be there, you aren't doing anything illegal, and you are prepared to defend against any unwarranted harassment, you should be able to go there and enjoy your hobby, or business...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

George Lazarette

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 21:29
Don wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:

G

I agree that is why I suggested you 'Let them know you'll be there" as opposed to asking permission.
If you informed them you intend to be there, you aren't doing anything illegal, and you are prepared to defend against any unwarranted harassment, you should be able to go there and enjoy your hobby, or business...

Very good point, Don.

G

titchgamer

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 21:45
yelvertoft wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:
If scantily clad girls were playing netball, it might be a different matter. I might even question myself then!

When my wife and I were looking around to move house, many years ago, one place we got the details for listed amongst its features as "Overlooks the playing fields and netball courts of the girls high school". One had to wonder just why this feature had been listed. Times have changed, I dare say the agent would get lynched for this sort of thing now.

ROFL Yes I wonder.....

Ideal place for a young bachelor I guess!?
Lil Andy

K20D, PENTAX DA 18-55, TAMRON DI 70-300, PENTAX SMC-K 135 f2.5

www.ajohnson-photography.co.uk

aminstar

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 22:02
titchgamer wrote:

Ure not even safe doing ure shopping anymore :-s

Sorry to divert the topic a little but its just for clarification purposes. I just stumbled upon this thread and was trying to run through it when I came across Lil Andy's comment and the sentence above.

Just thought of making sure whether the short form you are using the term "URE" does it stand for "You Are" or "Your" or it can just be applied either way and left to interpretation.
Oh and is :-s some type of expressive emoticon that I have missed too?

You see, my english vacabulary and grammar is fairly limited so I just want to make sure I understand quite correctly what I am reading so that I do not assume something that is not and go on commenting and up in a ditch.
Sorry everyone for diverting the topic temporarily.
Amin Photo Gallery
Last Edited by aminstar on 29/07/2009 - 22:03

George Lazarette

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 22:19
The first instance means:"you are", and the second: "your".

Without wishing to start any more wars, this is not an example to be followed.

G

Anvh

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 22:43
Amin the place to find the meaning of such words is here link
It even has the smiley

:-s = = confused
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Karl

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 22:52
Has is got anything to do with a river in Wensleydale?

aminstar

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 22:54
George Lazarette wrote:

G

Anvh wrote:
It even has the smiley

Thanks George and Stefan

Aahhh, my head aches now, . Is this the new type of vocabulary that one has to learn now?
I definitely have been out of touch with the current orthographic development.
Amin Photo Gallery

George Lazarette

Link Posted 29/07/2009 - 23:02
Classvino wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:
...If scantily clad girls were playing netball, it might be a different matter...

However, you probably would (much like the way an animal in a herd of zebras is difficult to see) be somewhat protected by the crowd of other photographers there...

There speaks the voice of experience!

G

Father Ted

Link Posted 30/07/2009 - 09:40
aminstar wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:

G

Anvh wrote:
It even has the smiley

Thanks George and Stefan

Aahhh, my head aches now, . Is this the new type of vocabulary that one has to learn now?
I definitely have been out of touch with the current orthographic development.

I really hope not.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 30/07/2009 - 10:18
Quote:
Just thought of making sure whether the short form you are using the term "URE" does it stand for "You Are" or "Your" or it can just be applied either way and left to interpretation.

The meaning is perfectly understandable from the phonetical spelling and the context, and does not need further explanation. This constant tut-tutting about incorrect, but perfectly understandable, written English really grates on me for some reason!
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

aminstar

Link Posted 30/07/2009 - 10:45
Pentaxophile wrote:

The meaning is perfectly understandable from the phonetical spelling and the context, and does not need further explanation. This constant tut-tutting about incorrect, but perfectly understandable, written English really grates on me for some reason!

You got me so confused there now. First of all I don't know what "phonetical spelling" means. I know what phonetic spelling is though, and if that's what you mean I still think its a bit confusing for me at times.

Pentaxophile wrote:

The meaning is perfectly understandable from the phonetical spelling and the context, and does not need further explanation.

But hey, may be I am not as clever as you are so that might be the reason I mentioned that sometimes it can be confusing understanding it, for me personally.
Amin Photo Gallery
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.