Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentaxuser website, Difficulty viewing

AlJones2402
Posted 25/08/2015 - 19:43 Link
Hi All,

Anyone else having problems browsing the website on their mobile equipment?
I use a Samsung Note 4 running on android and until recently had no problems in using the site.
Now it's virtually impossible to use and freezes regularly??
I have tried the usual cleared cache etc but still no use.

Any advice appreciated.
Aero
Posted 25/08/2015 - 20:00 Link
Yup, I've got problems with the site freezing on my Lenovo Yoga 8 Android (Jelly Bean) tablet. It worked as expected until a couple of weeks ago.
davidstorm
Posted 25/08/2015 - 20:04 Link
Hi Rob, I don't know about Mobile equipment as I don't browse the site using this, but it has definitely been getting progressively slower over the past several weeks / months when using Internet Explorer (I'm on IE11). So much so, that I generally only use the site in Google Chrome now, which doesn't suffer these problems.

There are issues with scripts running slowly and 'unsecure content', which IE11 warns me about on every page load. This was not an issue previously, whether a Windows Update has introduced something I'm not sure, but I don't get the issues on other websites, except for ebay which has also become extremely slow, but I don't get the security warnings on there. I just think there's some poor coding on the site. I don't think it's my laptop, as it's a fast machine and as I say doesn't cause me problems elsewhere, other than ebay and on Google Chrome it's all rapid.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
wvbarnes
Posted 25/08/2015 - 20:11 Link
I too prefer using my PC for the site. My Samsung Tab 3 7 inch tablet runs Android 4.4.2 and works fine (just tested it for you). Back on my PC the time taken to open the link in notification emails is slow.
Gwyn
Posted 25/08/2015 - 20:21 Link
Since the update a while ago it has given no problems on my Windows phone. Before that it was almost unreadable, but now it works fine. No problems on the PC with W10 and Firefox either, so it id perhaps an Android problem?
Edited by Gwyn: 25/08/2015 - 20:21
Aero
Posted 25/08/2015 - 20:43 Link
Just checked the site on my tablet with the built-in Android browser and it works fine. So the problem seems to lie with the Android version of Chrome, which is my preferred browser at the moment.
stu62
Posted 25/08/2015 - 20:52 Link
it works ok on my iphone
and seems to behaving on windows 10
wvbarnes
Posted 25/08/2015 - 21:04 Link
PS, I use Firefox on my Android tablet as well as my PC. Both excellent and synched to each other.
Stuey
Posted 25/08/2015 - 21:24 Link
It's working fine on my moto g right now but has frozen a few times lately
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
johnriley
Posted 25/08/2015 - 21:59 Link
IT will pick up your report in due course, but I too changed to using Chrome some time ago. IE seems to lock up so easily, but Chrome loads properly 99% of the time. When there is a problem, I think it's related to rogue adverts on Google Ads that cause things to hang, but I could be wrong.
Best regards, John
Posted 25/08/2015 - 22:33 Link
Had the same problem Rob on a galaxy note. I have also had the odd glitch on windows 10 using MS Edge in the last day or so. As John pointed out when I did use chrome the site always did load faster and seemed more stable. The mobile issue has only started within the last 48 hours though and until then I had not had any issues.

Tony
“Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.” – Ansel Adams
davidwozhere
Posted 25/08/2015 - 23:12 Link
Last night my desktop machine started to play jazz music. Nothing but PU was running in Google Chrome. I hit the close box quick and checked everything. Nothing else was running. I reloaded Chrome and visited a few sites on my favourites list. No bother. I reloaded PU and after about a minute - jazz music. I clicked a fresh tab - silence. reverted to the PU tab - jazz music. Nothing so far tonight and no problems in general (touch wood).
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Gwyn
Posted 26/08/2015 - 08:48 Link
Slightly, but not entirely off topic has anyone tried Microsoft Edge yet, which came with W10? I haven't done because as I understand it you can't use add-ons with it. Besides, annoying as Firefox can be at times I like it.
Algernon
Posted 26/08/2015 - 11:59 Link
A big improvement I've noticed with Firefox recently is that the Bookmarks Search (CTRL B) has been at long last made to work properly. If you enter say "Pentax lens 50mm" It lists all bookmarks containing the three words in any order..... so no need to enter the exact binary string.

It's always amazed me why program searches are so poor. XTree Gold for DOS had a decent search as far back as the 1990's. Nothing has equalled it since. Well done Firefox. MS searches always were rubbish, couldn't even pick up a highlighted word you had type type it.

No problems with this site on a Desktop with Firefox.
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 26/08/2015 - 12:01
AlJones2402
Posted 26/08/2015 - 20:04 Link
Glad it wasn't just me then!!

All works fine on my laptop using chrome browser.
Hopefully will be resolved soon.

Thanks all.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.