Pentax X70 digital camera
Posted 13/03/2009 - 19:51
Link
Have to say I do wish it had been on the market when I bought my Nikon P80, I would much have preferred this X70 but there you are you buy things when you need them and then along comes something you would have prefered, can only hope the P80 falls apart and gives me an excuse.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 13/03/2009 - 19:55
Link
Yes I've been looking at the p90 but as I am a Pentax freak it will be the Pentax
Posted 13/03/2009 - 20:07
Link
Don't think I can warrant changing it, it gives a fair result and apart from the stupid rubber doors and the fact that you can't change the battery or the card with a quick release plate on I have no real reason to complain.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 13/03/2009 - 20:11
Link
Just enlarged one of the shots and it looks as if it will have the same problem with the quick release plates.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 13/03/2009 - 21:13
Link
Well apart from those problems I think it would be nice to loose some weight(my kit i mean) I just wonder what the quality will be like as I have no chance of finding out here in Spain.
Posted 13/03/2009 - 21:21
Link
i expect the quality to be good but i expect at 22x zoom even optical will lose alot of colour, my fuji 18x does,
Posted 13/03/2009 - 21:53
Link
Ah Scott but that's a Fuji not a Pentax
Posted 13/03/2009 - 21:57
Link
Thordell makes a good point about QR plates. Does it shoot RAW?
I'm not showing it to my husband - he'll want one.....but then again maybe I'll get my Ds back then. Hmmm.
I'm not showing it to my husband - he'll want one.....but then again maybe I'll get my Ds back then. Hmmm.
Posted 13/03/2009 - 22:21
Link
That's the one thing I don't know yet, if it doesn't do raw that would be disappointing
Posted 16/03/2009 - 19:46
Link
I think I'll save my money for more lenses....
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 16/03/2009 - 19:50
Link
womble wrote:
I think I'll save my money for more lenses....
Me to.
I think I'll save my money for more lenses....
Tel,
Posted 31/03/2009 - 22:54
Link
It's in the wrong thread!....should be in "Ugliest Pentax!".......3 out of ten for appearance!............
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 31/03/2009 - 23:24
Link
beginner wrote:
It's in the wrong thread! It should be in "Ugliest Pentax"! 3 out of ten for appearance...
Surely that dubious prize goes to the Z series cameras, or perhaps the white K-m?
It's in the wrong thread! It should be in "Ugliest Pentax"! 3 out of ten for appearance...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1450 posts
18 years