Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax User Web Address Change

Gwyn
Posted 17/03/2015 - 09:34 Link
Cleared out your cookies TT? Maybe that is the problem?
techno-terminator
Posted 17/03/2015 - 10:39 Link
Done everything I can think of - it seems to allow me 24 hours !!

We'll see tomorrow
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
davidburleson
Posted 17/03/2015 - 11:08 Link
Make sure that you are accessing the site via www.pentaxuser.com, and not .co.uk.

Then, ensure when you log in that you check the 'Remember Me' box.

Finally, ensure you aren't deleting cookies when you close your browser. The 'Remember Me' feature relies on a cookie to work.
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.
techno-terminator
Posted 17/03/2015 - 17:52 Link
All that has been done

Cookies were cleared and .co.uk was deleted

Even log in details were removed.

Logged in earlier - and I'd been remembered

Came on just now and

Yup - logged out again

Logged in and made sure that the remember me box was ticked .

We'll see how long this lasts this time - but it really has got beyond a joke

Edited by techno-terminator: 17/03/2015 - 17:52
johnriley
Posted 17/03/2015 - 18:17 Link
I stay logged in unless the server goes down for some reason, and that happens very rarely, so it must be a local thing?
Best regards, John
Edited by johnriley: 17/03/2015 - 18:17
techno-terminator
Posted 18/03/2015 - 11:32 Link
Still logged in this morning - so here's hoping it continues this way

Jimbro66
Posted 26/07/2015 - 11:38 Link
Before the web site change I regularly accessed the Pentax User site from my Samsung Android phone but I've not been able to do that since the change. No matter whether I use my bookmark, a google search link or any other way of accessing the site I get the message 'Data connectivity problem. A secure connection could not be established'. OK-ing that simply brings up a 'web page not available' message .

I have no trouble accessing the Pentax User site via Firefox on my pc but it has always been convenient to visit the site via my Android phone whilst out and about. I've looked through all my phone settings, cleared cookies, etc but nothing I do lets me connect to Pentax User. I'm not having difficulties connecting to any other web sites from the phone.

Has anyone else experienced (and overcome?) this issue? Any ideas as to why it's happening?

Thanks
Jim
davidburleson
Posted 27/07/2015 - 10:22 Link
Hi Jim,

What version of Android are you running?

Our server admin has asked us to gather the following details from you so they can get to the bottom of the problem:

1. Go to https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
2. Send me the results via email (either by copy/paste or by saving the webpage's content) support (at) pentaxuser (dot) com

Best Regards,
David
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.
Edited by davidburleson: 27/07/2015 - 11:14
Jimbro66
Posted 27/07/2015 - 15:33 Link
Many thanks for your response David. I have run the ssllabs test on my mobile and have emailed the results to you as requested. My mobile failed a number of the tests so it looks as though my version of Android (2.3.4) might be the issue but I will be very interested to hear what your server admin concludes.

Thanks for your help, which is much appreciated. Hopefully there might be a way that I can continue to access PentaxUser from my mobile.

Best regards
Jim
Jimbro66
Posted 28/07/2015 - 10:53 Link
Issue now resolved thanks to much-appreciated help from David Burleson and his server admins It's great to be able to access the PentaxUser web site and forum from my mobile again - so convenient while on my frequent travels in the UK and abroad.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.