Pentax User Magazine issue 1 2009
Posted 29/12/2008 - 11:26
Link
No sign of a postie here yet but I hope I am as lucky as you Martin, and when he does eventually turn up he has my copy with him!
Enjoy!
Posted 29/12/2008 - 13:27
Link
A really enjoyable read. Well done team. I especially enjoyed the macro item. I'd never before heard of 'focus stacking'.
Steve
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
Posted 29/12/2008 - 16:03
Link
Well our postman has finally sauntered along, and yes! I too have my copy .
It still said it was 2nd class post, not airmail, but something must have happened to get it here so quickly. Keep it up!
It still said it was 2nd class post, not airmail, but something must have happened to get it here so quickly. Keep it up!
Posted 29/12/2008 - 18:07
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Well our postman has finally sauntered along, and yes! I too have my copy .
It still said it was 2nd class post, not airmail, but something must have happened to get it here so quickly. Keep it up!
Are you sure?Well our postman has finally sauntered along, and yes! I too have my copy .
It still said it was 2nd class post, not airmail, but something must have happened to get it here so quickly. Keep it up!
The paper leaflet said 2nd class post, but on the plastic cover was a small blue airmail sticker. The first I looked for. Anyway....., good to read yours has arrived also.
Martin.
Posted 30/12/2008 - 10:29
Link
Would it be fair to say that the magazine is worth the subscription, then? I ask as I've been trawling the news racks for the last few weeks looking for a mag worth the cover price. ie offering lots of inspiration and not just being a showcase for one particular vendor. I'm noticing that for a given month, many of the mags have remarkably similar articles.
So, gushing and smoke-blowing aside, is it worth the subscription?
And that is a genuine question
Graham
So, gushing and smoke-blowing aside, is it worth the subscription?
And that is a genuine question
Graham
Posted 30/12/2008 - 11:24
Link
GrahamNR17 wrote:
So, gushing and smoke-blowing aside, is it worth the subscription?
And that is a genuine question
Graham
To be honest, in my humble opinion. The answer is No. Why do I subscribe than......,you might wonder. So, gushing and smoke-blowing aside, is it worth the subscription?
And that is a genuine question
Graham
I tend to see my subscription fee as a donation for all the good work, what is done to maintain this site.
And therefore a "thanks" from me, for the pleasant time I have by being a member of this wonderful community.
Keeping this site alive and kicking does involve a lot of work and commitment. Getting the magazine and possibly enjoy the other benefits by being a member is a bonus. (discounts in their shop, for instance)
If you just look at the magazine and the subscription costs, and not beyond that, you might not find it worth.
Although it is a high quality magazine, print and editorial wise. But again.....,it is a very personal opinion.
Martin.
Posted 30/12/2008 - 15:38
Link
Hello, told you we'd sort out the posting method (at last). I'm interested in what people think we can do to improve the magazine. As Pete is ill, myself, Nikita and Matt have taken over putting the April issue together and have pretty much all we think we need, but are happy to do what others would like to see.
Anyone who has recently joined the club may not have a mag yet as the extra copies aren't being delivered till 5th Jan, when we are back to work.
Anyone who has recently joined the club may not have a mag yet as the extra copies aren't being delivered till 5th Jan, when we are back to work.
Join Pentax User Plus Today: http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/subscribe
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2397 posts
19 years
The Netherlands
very, very HAPPY
Issue nr.1 2009 arrived today. As promised by airmail. All the pain and frustration from the past is gone and forgotten.
Thanks for a wonderful "New Years present".
Martin.
Martin.
Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.