Pentax to Sony lens adapters

Don

Link Posted 04/10/2018 - 23:03
So.. does anybody have any reccomendations on what adapters are out there to use my pentax lenses on sony FF mirrorless?
I am googling to see what's available but hoping someone here has hands on experience and can recommend a good one?
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

JAK

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 01:21
I thought you wanted fast auto focussing, that sounds like a step backwards!
John K

johnha

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 11:10
JAK wrote:

...and more compact lenses designed to get the best out of the sensor...
PPG Flickr

tyronet2000

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 14:42
Don wrote:
So.. does anybody have any reccomendations on what adapters are out there to use my pentax lenses on sony FF mirrorless?
I am googling to see what's available but hoping someone here has hands on experience and can recommend a good one?

I found this company seems to have various adapters. I got a micro 4/3 to Pentax K adapter no contact between lens and camera so completly manual and some one at my camera club is using some of his Canon lenses on a Sony a7. Might be worth sending them an email.
https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk

I have used this company and have no complaints with there goods or services.
Regards
Stan

PPG

Don

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 14:52
JAK wrote:

the switch to sony was forced on me by pentax, thier pig headed refusal to put half decent video specs into anything, means running TWO systems. I'd have to be insane to buy the new pentax pro lenses knowing damn well I'd have to buy the sony equivalents for video use when I get my sony Venice camera....
I have no intention of scrapping the pentax gear I already have so it makes sense to adapt it. I'm simply taking a pile of old manual lenses and ripping out the click mechanisms to convert them for video use until I can buy all new Cine lenses for the sony system.
for Af purposes I'm starting off with g master lenses .
so pentax will just get used till it's dead or replaced in the mean time.

but it sure wouldn't hurt to have an af adapter handy just in case...

Don

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 14:53
tyronet2000 wrote:
Don wrote:

I found this company seems to have various adapters. I got a micro 4/3 to Pentax K adapter no contact between lens and camera so completly manual and some one at my camera club is using some of his Canon lenses on a Sony a7. Might be worth sending them an email.
https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk

I have used this company and have no complaints with there goods or services.

thank you.

Algernon

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 14:57
This would be your best bet

https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/dslr-rainsleeve-5109-p.asp

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Helpful

Don

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 15:22
Algernon wrote:
This would be your best bet

https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/dslr-rainsleeve-5109-p.asp

--

lol! well losing market share is thier problem now.... no longer my concern...
remember, Pentax didn't just lose a long time loyal, customer... the competition (sony) is making sales...

I live in winnipeg canada, do you realize a couple years ago 3 big stores carried Pentax and now NONE of them stock the brand, but two will special order? the last store that had pentax in stock said they dropped the brand becuase customers kept coming back to them saying what I said above.. Pentax is FORCING me to switch if I want these video features.

it's really too bad they didn't rebadge something like the Samsung nx1 with a Kmount......
Last Edited by Don on 05/10/2018 - 15:44

Algernon

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 16:50
There are rumours that the NX1 chip could be coming to Pentax

Pentax already make all the lenses and cameras that I need and I think I've got them all apart from the new 50mmm f/1.4 which I can't justify buying for what I would use it for. I've already got three 50-58mm f/1.2's

Bit like Fender guitars I bought a Strat in the 70's and never seen any reason to change, same guitar with slight changes has been in production since about 1953. I don't hear anyone saying they should drop that and the Tele and bring out new models

Video isn't a high priority to me apart from when it gets so good that you can just grab frames instead of using still cameras.

--

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 05/10/2018 - 16:51

Algernon

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 17:32
Remember..... The other man's grass is BLACK when the battery goes flat on a mirrorless

Video on 'Why I haven't been using the Sony A7III' on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmL19fSQCMA

--

Algi

richandfleur

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 17:39
Donít forget to look into the speed boosters if you are going to adapt FF capable lenses.

link

Sorry I donít know which model Sony youíve picked up, but people have been getting interesting results by using the whole FF area of a lense focused down to APS-C on mirrorless.

Fully agree re video and general Pentax availability comments. Pentax havenít touched this significantly since 2012 and it really shows now. Keen to hear how you get on.
Last Edited by richandfleur on 05/10/2018 - 17:42

Don

Link Posted 05/10/2018 - 20:16
Algernon wrote:
Remember..... The other man's grass is BLACK when the battery goes flat on a mirrorless

Video on 'Why I haven't been using the Sony A7III' on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmL19fSQCMA

--

The sony ar7III will run while charging off any USB adapter or battery pack.

richandfleur wrote:
Donít forget to look into the speed boosters if you are going to adapt FF capable lenses.

link

Sorry I donít know which model Sony youíve picked up, but people have been getting interesting results by using the whole FF area of a lense focused down to APS-C on mirrorless.

Fully agree re video and general Pentax availability comments. Pentax havenít touched this significantly since 2012 and it really shows now. Keen to hear how you get on.

sony a7rIII is a full frame mirrorless... my k3 will remain in use till it dies... but the sony mirrorless shoots video that will cut nicely with my pro camcorder, and G master lenses will work with my future interchangeable lens cinema cameras (fs7 and Venice). I would have been happy to keep using pentax but there'd be no way to avoid buying expensive f2.8 fast pro zooms for both systems in the future... decent 4k video specs would have helped me stay in the pentax fold for a few more years, but...
Last Edited by Don on 05/10/2018 - 20:17

tyronet2000

Link Posted 06/10/2018 - 07:49
Still got a dedicated Sony Video Camera DCR-PC5E with some bits and bobs. Probably obsolete now as it was bought around 1998 or a bit earlier. Must get it out and see what videos still play.
Regards
Stan

PPG

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 08/10/2018 - 14:26
If it's a simple manual lens adapter you want, it's not a complicated piece of kit and Ebay is full of them! If you want AF and controlling the aperture from the lens that's different.

Pentax manual lenses will be GREAT on the Sony!
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

Mike-P

Link Posted 08/10/2018 - 15:03
Algernon wrote:
Video isn't a high priority to me apart from when it gets so good that you can just grab frames instead of using still cameras.--

LINK
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.