Pentax Stereo Adapter experiment

JAK
Posted 04/10/2016 - 16:30 Link
Some will be aware of the old Pentax Stereo Adapter set that came with a 3-D splitter adapter and a slide viewer. I tried to make use of this on APSC cameras but it wasn't wholly successful as it was designed to be used on a standard 35mm camera with a 50mm lens. Well now we have a comparable DSLR so I thought it would be worth trying again.

While anaglyph 3-D images work, they do require those strange red and blue glasses. Then the old stereo viewer Pentax provided was for viewing 35mm slides, not digital files! However a new variation has been invented, wiggle gifs! While dedicated compact cameras can produce 3-D images I thought I would try it out with the Pentax adapter with the resultant stereo frame converted to a gif in Stereo Photo Maker (stphmkre) which allows saving files in various stereo formats.

PU doesn't allow uploading gifs so the image links to my home server instead so it might not work overnight UK time (so if it isn't there, try it again later!)

My first experimental wiggle gif!
Comment Image

Pentax K-1 with DA50mm f1.8 lens @ f6.3 and Pentax Stereo Adapter.
John K
Edited by JAK: 04/10/2016 - 16:45
gtis
Posted 04/10/2016 - 17:23 Link
John that is weird
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter





Panasonic Dmc Fz200
davidstorm
Posted 04/10/2016 - 19:54 Link
It's making me feel sick!

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
JAK
Posted 04/10/2016 - 20:22 Link
Indeed

I wish I could find a better way of doing 3-D on a 2-D screen. Suppose it might work with a sort of virtual reality Viewmaster style attachment on a mobile phone. Alternatively, take it on Kodachrome slide film .... oh it's gone. Back to the wiggle then!

If you wiggle in time it may shed a few pounds off Or I'm open to suggestions for alternatives.
John K
davidwozhere
Posted 05/10/2016 - 01:07 Link
I can see the idea but it looks like an earthquake!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
cardiffgareth
Posted 05/10/2016 - 10:04 Link
It hurts my eyes!
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
JAK
Posted 05/10/2016 - 23:25 Link
It's actually the inbody shake reduction that's overdoing it a bit!
John K
Carol8345
Posted 06/10/2016 - 00:13 Link
lol..at the comments.....it's different indeed

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo