Aurora over Mosfellsbær

Maerlyn

Link Posted 03/10/2016 - 23:55
I was lucky enough to be in Iceland last week when the northern lights put on an amazing show for four days running. These were captured on the Wednesday when (as I discovered when I got back) various media outlets in the UK were talking about how the lights in Reykjavík were turned out for better views:

Aurora over Mosfellsbær II by Chris Roughley, on Flickr

Aurora Over Mosfellsbær by Chris Roughley, on Flickr

Aurora over Mosfellsbær III by Chris Roughley, on Flickr

I've never done any night sky photography before, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a go at this stunning event. Although I think I'm unlikely to get a display this good again in my lifetime, any criticisms are welcome - if I do ever have the opportunity again I'd like to nail it!

Chris
My Flickr

JAK

Link Posted 04/10/2016 - 00:43
Wow, look good to me!
John K

McBrian

Link Posted 04/10/2016 - 06:44
All superb but #3 takes the #1 spot, The figure in the window a the silhouetted tree gives the picture a great sense of awesomeness
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

Maerlyn

Link Posted 04/10/2016 - 07:47
Thanks guys. #3 is a bit of a special moment, because it was when the lights "switched on", if I can use such a crude metaphor, which is why the person on the left is suddenly pointing up. The first two shots show what it was like before that happened, and the others are all while the light-show was on the go.

Probably the most jaw-dropping thing I've ever seen
My Flickr

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 04/10/2016 - 09:20
I agree about the third image
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Carol8345

Link Posted 06/10/2016 - 00:14
wow, I would love to see them
My Instagram
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.