Aurora over Mosfellsbær

Maerlyn
Posted 03/10/2016 - 23:55 Link
I was lucky enough to be in Iceland last week when the northern lights put on an amazing show for four days running. These were captured on the Wednesday when (as I discovered when I got back) various media outlets in the UK were talking about how the lights in Reykjavík were turned out for better views:

Comment Image

Aurora over Mosfellsbær II by Chris Roughley, on Flickr

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image

Aurora Over Mosfellsbær by Chris Roughley, on Flickr

Comment Image

Aurora over Mosfellsbær III by Chris Roughley, on Flickr

Comment Image


I've never done any night sky photography before, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a go at this stunning event. Although I think I'm unlikely to get a display this good again in my lifetime, any criticisms are welcome - if I do ever have the opportunity again I'd like to nail it!

Chris
JAK
Posted 04/10/2016 - 00:43 Link
Wow, look good to me!
John K
McBrian
Posted 04/10/2016 - 06:44 Link
All superb but #3 takes the #1 spot, The figure in the window a the silhouetted tree gives the picture a great sense of awesomeness
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Maerlyn
Posted 04/10/2016 - 07:47 Link
Thanks guys. #3 is a bit of a special moment, because it was when the lights "switched on", if I can use such a crude metaphor, which is why the person on the left is suddenly pointing up. The first two shots show what it was like before that happened, and the others are all while the light-show was on the go.

Probably the most jaw-dropping thing I've ever seen
cardiffgareth
Posted 04/10/2016 - 09:20 Link
I agree about the third image
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Carol8345
Posted 06/10/2016 - 00:14 Link
wow, I would love to see them

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo