Pentax Speedbag

johnriley

Link Posted 27/01/2020 - 00:05
I mentioned elsewhere in the forums that I had been looking for a Pentax Speedbag for some time - 13 years it turned out since it was last thought about. Anyway, it was pointed out that there was one on eBay for 20 BIN so I put in an offer and secured it for 12 including postage.

It's a hard case, photos to follow, and this version is the original for Spotmatic and K series cameras, not the smaller Speedbag M. Exterior condition is excellent, the support hinge is solid, the fastening clasp clicks home correctly. The leather shoulder pad had rotted to that has been discarded and the foam insode had all reverted to dust, so a spring clean to remove that mess left the remaining red baize looking pretty good.

Next step is to source some high density foam sheets, say 2mm thick, and cut and glue those in place.

I'll post some before and after pictures as soon as I start the process, but so far so good and well worth the 12.
Best regards, John

richandfleur

Link Posted 27/01/2020 - 20:04
Sounds like a fun little project.

GeoffMoore

Link Posted 28/01/2020 - 12:25
Looking forward to the images on this, Before and Afters I would assume?
YouTube: Photography Vlog
Facebook: Photography Page Weekly Updates and Musings
Twitter: Photography Mini Thoughts
Instagram: Yes, Here
Flickr: Yes Here

johnriley

Link Posted 05/02/2020 - 16:22
https://www.ephotozine.com/user/johnriley1uk-22471/blog/a-speedbag-in-15-years-1...

There's the blog that tells you all about it. Here's the pictures repeated:

Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.