Pentax SMC M35/2

bjolester

Link Posted 13/06/2013 - 17:50
This Pentax SMC M35/2 lens is in what I would call excellent condition. The optics are unmarked and clear. The paintwork on the body shows that the lens has seen some use, the paint is worn mostly around the aperture ring. The are some minor marks on the very front of the lens barrel, possibly caused by the fitting of filters or hoods. The white paint in the two letters "5" and "m" on the "beauty ring" is slightly dim. The aperture is snappy and well-functioning. This 35mm lens is close to a perfect "normal" lens on APS-C cameras.

I want 160 Euros for the lens + postage 35 Euros. I prefer to use PayPal.

Thanks
Bjørn
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

bjolester

Link Posted 15/06/2013 - 08:44
Price reduction: 140 Euros + postage
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

nocturnal

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 00:29
Is this not over priced my friend?

35 Euro postage!

Around 100 all in would be about right.
"In a photographic context I don't like the use of the word 'shot' as where I live this word refers to an extreme act of violence and not the beautiful craft of photography"

bjolester

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 01:06
Well Mr nocturnal, I suggest you check the facts before commenting!

I live in Norway, the basic charge for sending a package abroad is roughly 35 Euros.

I have seen the M35/2 for sale for GBP 200 at a British camera shop recently. They have one now for sale at B&H photovideo video for USD 269.95,-
link

I do not believe the lens is over priced.
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

MattyH

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 07:41
bjolester wrote:
Well Mr nocturnal, I suggest you check the facts before commenting!

I live in Norway, the basic charge for sending a package abroad is roughly 35 Euros.

I have seen the M35/2 for sale for GBP 200 at a British camera shop recently. They have one now for sale at B&H photovideo video for USD 269.95,-
link

I do not believe the lens is over priced.

Bit of a bargin I would say, I sold mine last year for £190

johnriley

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 09:03
Please don't make of topic comments guys. Classified Ads are for the buying/selling process only.

So questions about the item and offers are fine, but not digs about pricing. Sellers can ask what they want in any event. If the price is wrong for the market then it won't sell, so it is supply and demand.
Best regards, John

nocturnal

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 23:53
Sorry! I also did not understand it is the 1:2 version!

Best of luck with your sale
"In a photographic context I don't like the use of the word 'shot' as where I live this word refers to an extreme act of violence and not the beautiful craft of photography"

bjolester

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 10:16
Sold!
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 21:47
I'm glad to see someone got this. I just recently got one for myself and it's fast becoming one of my favourite lenses.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

bjolester

Link Posted 02/07/2013 - 12:55
The main reason I sold the lens, was that the 35mm field of view never felt quite right. I feel very much at home with 24-28mm and 50mm lenses, but a 35mm prime was not for me. Otherwise this lens was quite interesting, at open apertures very good for close portraits or other motives at a close distance. From f5.6-6.7 to f16 it was very sharp and had good contrast for objects far away. Thus making it also a very good landscape lens IMHO.

Bjørn
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
Last Edited by bjolester on 02/07/2013 - 12:58
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.