Pentax SMC FA 77mm F1.8 Limited
Posted 15/07/2011 - 13:58
Link
Well I put up with chrome on my K-5, if put up is the right phrase, because in the end it's the lens that counts. It does look odd at first, but you get used to it.
One possibly useful side effect is that at a distance many might assume it's some old chrome lens, even screw thread, and not find it that desireable. Lower theft risk? Maybe.
One possibly useful side effect is that at a distance many might assume it's some old chrome lens, even screw thread, and not find it that desireable. Lower theft risk? Maybe.
Best regards, John
Posted 15/07/2011 - 14:01
Link
I understand where your coming from John but I just no I won't be happy with the silver/chrome version on black. Thought I just found one 2nd hand at mifsuds but once she finally unwrapped it it was chrome!!!
PPGlink
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2
Posted 15/07/2011 - 14:03
Link
The chrome ones have been used on black bodies since the Z1-P
days, nobody bothered. Still got my original chrome 43mm that I
bought to use on a Z1-P. I can't remember when the black ones
were introduced.
days, nobody bothered. Still got my original chrome 43mm that I
bought to use on a Z1-P. I can't remember when the black ones
were introduced.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 15/07/2011 - 14:11
Link
Have you considered ordering from B&H? It's 685 GBP shipped to UK including duties and taxes, you can add to that int'l warranty. They have it in stock
Posted 15/07/2011 - 16:11
Link
giofi wrote:
Have you considered ordering from B&H? It's 685 GBP shipped to UK including duties and taxes, you can add to that int'l warranty. They have it in stock
looks good . Can see how to add int'l warranty though?
Have you considered ordering from B&H? It's 685 GBP shipped to UK including duties and taxes, you can add to that int'l warranty. They have it in stock
PPGlink
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2
Posted 15/07/2011 - 16:27
Link
When you go to check out, you will find it under the lens description (view protection plans) and it seems to be 84 usd for 3 years for this lens (plus tax?). I do not know how you add it to your basket. It is offered by Sagemax and you will find a detail description and comparison to the manufacturer's warranty...
I have not tested this myself, but I understand that B&H have a strong reputation....
I have not tested this myself, but I understand that B&H have a strong reputation....
Posted 15/07/2011 - 17:13
Link
Ordered through them. it actually cam out at £707, which was without any protection cover but did cover shipping and all import taxes and duties so still cheaper than in this country. 3-5 days delivery so looking forward to getting it.
PPGlink
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2
Posted 15/07/2011 - 18:50
Link
I was tempted by a black 77 a couple of day ago .... had it been the silver version then it'd be in my bag now alongside my silver 43 !
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 15/07/2011 - 18:53
Link
Frogfish wrote:
I was tempted by a black 77 a couple of day ago .... had it been the silver version then it'd be in my bag now alongside my silver 43 !
Misfuds have a mint condition boxed silver one for £599
I was tempted by a black 77 a couple of day ago .... had it been the silver version then it'd be in my bag now alongside my silver 43 !
PPGlink
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2
Posted 15/07/2011 - 19:20
Link
richardhurst wrote:
They are £100 cheaper here Richard, thanks for the tip but I'll wait for one to come around here.
Frogfish wrote:
I was tempted by a black 77 a couple of day ago .... had it been the silver version then it'd be in my bag now alongside my silver 43 !
Misfuds have a mint condition boxed silver one for £599I was tempted by a black 77 a couple of day ago .... had it been the silver version then it'd be in my bag now alongside my silver 43 !
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 15/07/2011 - 20:12
Link
Am currently on holiday in HK and I found a few black ver of the FA77 limited for a very good price imo $6190HKD for the silver and the black was $6390HKD I think it was...
I ended up picking up the Silver ver because I thought it was more special, kinda like how Canon has they're L Lenses in White lol
The place where I bought it from is called Tim Chueng Camera co., they also have a website and ship over seas but am not sure if it's cheaper or equal than buying from the UK with custom tax and all...
Link:
http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/
Edit: forgot to mention the website is abit outdated from what I got told for a sales men...
I ended up picking up the Silver ver because I thought it was more special, kinda like how Canon has they're L Lenses in White lol
The place where I bought it from is called Tim Chueng Camera co., they also have a website and ship over seas but am not sure if it's cheaper or equal than buying from the UK with custom tax and all...
Link:
http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/
Edit: forgot to mention the website is abit outdated from what I got told for a sales men...
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


218 posts
15 years
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2