PENTAX Service, Good or Bad POLL

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll

ttk

Link Posted 03/04/2009 - 17:05
Weather warranty work or general service on your Pentax camera's (Film or Digital) have you had good, fair, or bad service.

Not just from UK but any Pentax sevice outlet.

Edit Added words
Tel,
Last Edited by ttk on 03/04/2009 - 17:07

Aiki

Link Posted 03/04/2009 - 17:23
Have had the camera for one year. No need for any special Pentax service.

My local shop ordered Pentax obje for me...and I had to wait 3 months !!!
Within that time new objes arrived Tallinn (capital). But these were sold at once. I had to wait more. "There are so many people in line" - was said to me.

so do you mean "bad servise" by that? I was quite disturbed

But the 10D and Sigma obje arrived with couple of days. That was ok.
Aiki

----
Pentax K20D; SMC DA 18-55mm II kit; Sigma AF 70-300/4-5.6 APO DG MACRO
GIMP Flickr
PPG

ttk

Link Posted 03/04/2009 - 17:30
Aiki wrote:

so do you mean "bad servise" by that? I was quite disturbed

But the 10D and Sigma obje arrived with couple of days. That was ok.

No Aiki that's shop service I mean if your camera has been to Pentax for repair/service
Tel,

Aiki

Link Posted 03/04/2009 - 17:45
ok
I didnt vote yet - and I will not
Aiki

----
Pentax K20D; SMC DA 18-55mm II kit; Sigma AF 70-300/4-5.6 APO DG MACRO
GIMP Flickr
PPG

hefty1

Link Posted 03/04/2009 - 18:56
Every genuine Pentax product I've bought has worked perfectly so I've never had need of the service department.

Pothers

Link Posted 03/04/2009 - 21:04
Tel,Dont get me started....
Steve
K20D, DA16-45mm f4, M 50mm f1.7, M 28mm f3.5 & Tamron 70-300
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pothers/

gartmore

Link Posted 04/04/2009 - 09:18
I used their service department to service and repair my 645, they had it for 3 months, they send them to Germany, and it was returned so inadquately packed that it was badly damaged - cracked pentaprism housing and lenses couldn't be mounted. After another three months it returned looking like a new camera - new top and bottom covers, new lcd panel and new switches.

Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ttk

Link Posted 07/04/2009 - 14:00
Just rang Pentax to ask about my K20D focus repair(6 days) they could not find the bill of sale in the box and I can not find the copy I but in the box, they had my phone numbers and e-mail address, so why not phone me??

Any way the SR was showing as working in the view finder but not working in camera so won't be back till the 16th due to easter holiday.
Tel,

fatspider

Link Posted 07/04/2009 - 19:28
well I'm pleased to say my own experiences have been good, they had my istD for clean and new screen a few years ago, I had it back within the week, my recent cashback arrived within the month (though not all of it) but a letter soon sorted that out and I even got a telephone call apologising for the error.

I supose Pentax service is probably as good as anyone else's and you only hear of the times when things go wrong

Ben76

Link Posted 07/04/2009 - 20:16
They (Pentax France) had my K100D Super for nearly 2 weeks last summer. They replaced the sensor (it had weird pixels which were particularly visible on the high ISO photos) and gave the camera a clean. They gave it back with an extra 3-week warranty. So I find the service highly satisfactory, very good indeed!
Benoît
Last Edited by Ben76 on 07/04/2009 - 20:17

mike3legs

Link Posted 07/04/2009 - 20:39
I had to send my K10d in for repair after I dropped it and the lcd screen was cracked.

It eventually got returned to me and had been butchered. A screwdriver of similar implement had been used to prise the body open and had broken a piece on the join. Quality control is obviously not good enough. Had to send it back in and got a replacement body. Shame they didn't manage to get it wrong and send me a K20d instead.

philstaff

Link Posted 08/04/2009 - 22:22
I can only say the service I have had from pentax has been first class. I sent my first k100 D to them as I was having problems with the vertical and horozontal being planes they replaced the camera with a new one. I then sent that back after having it over 8 months when it started running the batterys down they fixed the problem in two weeks of sending the camera to them. They also provided very helpful information when calling there base in slough.
Ian

Pothers

Link Posted 08/04/2009 - 22:39
Ian, I wish I had that kind of service, then I wouldn't be considering moving brands.

I've sent my K20D 4 times now and still no good. The last two times they've sent me what should have been new cameras, and both were faulty, with 1770 and 880 shutter counts.
Steve
K20D, DA16-45mm f4, M 50mm f1.7, M 28mm f3.5 & Tamron 70-300
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pothers/

philstaff

Link Posted 09/04/2009 - 22:51
Sorry to here that Steve, just a thought would it not be an idea to have the shop who you bought the camera from to try and get the situation resolved for you. Im sure pentax would not want any bad reports from the very people they supply in a very compedative market for fear of loosing trade.
Ian

philstaff

Link Posted 09/04/2009 - 22:54
A 48 percent vote is hardly a vote of confedence in the service as it stands so far, Im a bit suprised to say the least.
Ian
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.