Pentax/Ricoh products

BarryE

Link Posted 13/06/2014 - 15:54
I've got used to not seeing Pentax photo gear in camera stores, or very little, but this doesn't stop at photo gear. I wanted to look at a pair of Pentax binoculars that have been getting excellent reviews. They are unique in the market as they can focus down to 50cm. I tried 3 stores in my area, none had any Pentax optics, nor were they familiar with the range.

In case you are interested these unique and exception binoculars are called Papilio. I bought a pair on-line and they exceeded my expectations - they are stunning at closeup viewing. I'll be taking them out with my camera regularly ...

Why oh why, do Pentax produce good kit and not get it onto the high street ?

dangie

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 11:23
I've had a pair of Pentax 10x21 UCF Mini binoculars for about twenty years. They are of a similar size to the Papilio. Always in my rucsac whenever I'm out walking. Wonderful optics.
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner

mayday

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 12:03
I bought a pair of Pentax binoculars for use on safari. Water proof, dust proof etc. Brilliant optics. So much so my guide wanted to buy them! I Had to buy on line from Canada! now available via Amazon link
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

tyronet2000

Link Posted 22/06/2014 - 16:04
mayday wrote:
I bought a pair of Pentax binoculars for use on safari. Water proof, dust proof etc. Brilliant optics. So much so my guide wanted to buy them! I Had to buy on line from Canada! now available via Amazon link

link doesn't work too many "http://"

this one shows the image.
link
Regards
Stan

PPG

Algernon

Link Posted 22/06/2014 - 18:11
So if I go in a shop and ask for a pair of
Pentax binoculars will they know the right model

Amazon have a Pentax camera for sale as well!
It's very good I've got one

Does anyone know of any Pentax dealers that will
take a barely used 10ft x 8ft England Flag in
partexchange on a pair of binoculars

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 22/06/2014 - 18:29
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.