Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax Remote Assistant 3 in Windows Vista…

dirk1000
Posted 06/08/2007 - 18:10 Link
Hi All,

Finally, I get it working. The problem was that I couldn´t connect the K10D to the program (all interface options was grayed).

For install the Pentax Remote Assistant 3, I used the Vista´s “Program Compatibility Wizard”, and no more problem…

Hope can be useful for other user.

Best regards.

Posted 06/08/2007 - 18:32 Link
I am going through the process of investigating what I might need to do to upgrade my laptop. Since I intend on using the Remote Assistant with that laptop, that is very useful info!

Thanks
yelvertoft
Posted 26/01/2008 - 17:29 Link
Hello, I found this thread and thought I'd found the answer to my problems. I too am having problems with all the controls/settings greyed out on Remote Assistant 3 when connected to either of my Vista PCs (one laptop, one desktop). The camera (K10D) is saying it's in PC mode, and it is possible to read the contents of the card in the camera, but I can't press any buttons in Remote Assistant.

I've installed the program using compatibility settings for XP (SP2), but there's no difference. Can anyone please shed any light on which specific vista compatibility wizard settings should be used when installing RA3?

Regards,

Duncan
yelvertoft
Posted 26/01/2008 - 17:39 Link
Got it sussed! You not only have to run the installation program as an administrator, you have to set the resulting executable file
Crogram FilesPentaxDigital Camera UtilityPRMAST03.exe
to "Run as administrator" too. Blindingly obvious really.
Dwight-Morton
Posted 26/01/2008 - 22:08 Link
Thanks, for the advice.

& does anyone know the reason why the DL2 doesn't allow it to be used.

Have a great week,

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.