Pentax P30 automatic rewind

Gazs

Link Posted 06/03/2016 - 15:22
I have recently been given a P30 film camera which works absolutely fine.. However I have used 1 film while away with family in wales and the automatic film rewind button does not work,, is limp and loose.. Presumably a spring has gone?
How can I rewind the film fro processing thanks

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 06/03/2016 - 18:27
The P30 doesn't have a film rewind button, the film has to be manually re-wound. This is done in the "traditional" way of most manual SLRs by lifting the lever on the top of the rewind knob (on the left of the camera as you would hold it) and turning clockwise until you feel the last of the film re-enter the canister.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

johnha

Link Posted 08/03/2016 - 01:56
As above - after pressing the rewind button which dis-engages the film advance - allowing the film to be re-wound. Once re-wound, opening the back (by pulling up the rewind knob) will re-engage the film advance and 'drop' the rewind button for the next film.
PPG Flickr

davidwozhere

Link Posted 09/03/2016 - 00:56
Once you get used to the P30 you will really like it. Let us know how your pictures came out
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.