Pentax lens repairs

kiwao
Posted 27/09/2013 - 05:02 Link
I realise this is off topic but about this dust. I posted about there being dust in my brand spanking new da*200 lens. I all a got was that all lenses have dust even new ones anyway it does affect image quality.

Can there be some consensus on this. Is it dust visible to the naked eye that is a problem or only if a strong light is shone through the lens because as far as my da"200 is concerned if I shine a light into it we are not talking about a few specs but a galaxy of dust. This lens has a known weakness where flare is concerned and internal dust will only compound this problem.
k5iis , 77mm ltd, 135mm f3.5 M, A35mm-105mm f3.5 zoom,17-50 sigma, k135mm f2.5, 43mm Ltd, DA*200mm.
johnriley
Posted 27/09/2013 - 08:21 Link
As regards dust, a few specks here and there will soon accumulate. they won't be seen on the image, nor will they affect it. We'd have to see your lens to know if it's too much.

As regards classic lens repairs, I've just had a lens fixed very effectively by Newton Ellis and Co of Liverpool.

www.newtonellis.com
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo