Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax lens repairs?

cabstar
Posted 06/09/2014 - 01:08 Link
They had just repaired the af for me which. Meant replacing lots of parts which they had along with some of the casing. Price for drops is £51.99 an hour with no promise of time or parts so it's just sat there now grrrr
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
geordie01
Posted 06/09/2014 - 07:53 Link
Looking at the pic of your lens it look like the front element might just unscrew from the body so it may not be that bad price wise if it does not require a full strip down.
I would give Alan Marlow a ring
Edited by geordie01: 06/09/2014 - 08:04
Steep
Posted 14/02/2015 - 13:13 Link
Thread revival time!

After a few false starts and a very long wait for Pentax to send a new front element my lens is repaired (it's like new!) I want to thank Alan Marlow for the work done and the very friendly, professional attitude - top bloke.
From me sending the lens to getting it back in my hands it was just eight days.
Algernon
Posted 14/02/2015 - 13:27 Link
That's great news. I expect they had to wait for the factory to be doing a production run of lens elements.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
dcweather
Posted 16/02/2015 - 23:59 Link
For the record my experience with JPS wasn't stellar but may have turned out ok, time will tell. First of all the first repair of the SDM motor in my DA* 300 took a couple of months, Then after two weeks both the AF and the manual focus stopped completely. I suspect it may have been reassembled poorly. Back again only faster, just three weeks and all well so far.
Dave

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.