PENTAX Launches Meet Britain

Pentaxophile
Posted 25/06/2012 - 10:22 Link
http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/PENTAX-Meet-Britain-competition.html

Quote:
To celebrate the launch of the new PENTAX K-30 DSLR camera, PENTAX has launched Meet Britain, a nationwide competition asking members of the public to submit images of the things they feel make Britain great.

Entrants can submit images across five different categories:

-Celebrations

-Summer Holidays

-Friends and Family

-Great British Culture

-Great British Outdoors

The best images will then be shortlisted and will feature in an exhibition which will be open to the public in September. One winner from each category will then take home a PENTAX K-30 camera and one overall winner will take home the £1,000 prize fund.

The competition will be open to members of the public until 3rd September 2012 and people can submit their photographs via Meet Britain app on the PENTAX UK Facebook page.
Cue moaning about photograph ownership / reuse issues and the need to be on Facebook...
Edited by Pentaxophile: 25/06/2012 - 10:38
walkeja
Posted 25/06/2012 - 11:13 Link
No intention of commenting!
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
gartmore
Posted 25/06/2012 - 13:03 Link
I think everyone is just going to have to accept facebook as the medium of choice for many manufacturers for this sort of thing. I have to say that Pentax USA have a very effective presence.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
greynolds999
Posted 25/06/2012 - 14:51 Link
Quote:
If you don't have access to Facebook, you can also enter the competition by sending your photographs to [email protected]
What is there to moan about?
techno-terminator
Posted 25/06/2012 - 18:01 Link
That's interesting

The addy [email protected] - it doesn't appear on the Pentax e-mail I got in this morning
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
womble
Posted 25/06/2012 - 18:05 Link
greynolds999 wrote:
Quote:
If you don't have access to Facebook, you can also enter the competition by sending your photographs to [email protected]
What is there to moan about?
As with Techno, there was no sign of that clause/email address on the mailings I had seen.

And why can't I moan about Facebook? I have never ever seen such a completely inane and pointless idea. Why on earth should I find myself bombarded with messages about how some looser I once knew 30 years ago is going to the dentist this afternoon? My wife joined and her experience is more than enough to persuade me that I'd rather stick red hot needles under my nails than sign up.

OK. Rant over. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Edited by womble: 25/06/2012 - 18:05
Gwyn
Posted 25/06/2012 - 18:11 Link
I don't see any T&C anywhere. Unless they are on Facebook of course .
Pentaxophile
Posted 25/06/2012 - 18:14 Link
Feel better now, Kris?

Agreed, it's totally ghastly. Useful to me for comps like this, and sharing family pics though. I log in, do what I need to do; then I'm out of there.
milamber
Posted 25/06/2012 - 18:19 Link
Don't have a Facebook page myself, mainly for the reasons outlined above, but it's worth it's weight in gold for my son's business. We estimate around 80% of his work this month has come via Facebook, either directly or indirectly.
obione
Posted 25/06/2012 - 19:03 Link
Page loads okay, do not need to join f/book to look at it..
k-5, K-5ii,60-250 f4, 50 f1.4 af,17-70 f4, 100mm macro wr,siggy 10-20 siggy 100-300f4
techno-terminator
Posted 25/06/2012 - 20:24 Link
Womble - there's no way I'm joining faceache
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Edited by techno-terminator: 25/06/2012 - 20:24
doingthebobs
Posted 25/06/2012 - 23:57 Link
Just read the T&Cs.
Can anyone understand what this means? 'All participants agree to a complete release of Facebook.'
Bob
PentaxUK
Posted 26/06/2012 - 09:09 Link
Hi everyone,

Just to confirm the main entry mechanic and entire online gallery will be hosted on the Pentax UK Facebook page.
However if you're not on Facebook, the correct e-mail address to send you images to is [email protected]
greynolds999
Posted 26/06/2012 - 09:42 Link
doingthebobs wrote:
Just read the T&Cs.
Can anyone understand what this means? 'All participants agree to a complete release of Facebook.'
I think it means that you are not holding Facebook liable for, err, anything.

I'm more concerned by
Quote:
By submitting any information to Sponsor, you hereby grant to Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose.
It isn't just saying that Pentax can use any submitted photographs in any way they wish, but that they can publish your name, email address and date of birth if they want!

I, for one, will give it a miss.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo