Pentax K100D - Shutter won't release

sucko
Posted 16/10/2007 - 11:08 Link
Hi,

Recently bought a Pentax K100D. Worked fine the first week then noticed that the shutter wouldn't release. This was while doing some outdoor shots. Also noticed that flash now does not discharge either in Auto or Manual mode. It came supplied with a Pentax 18-55mm lens. I've tried various other modes and changed the batteries but no joy.

Any advice appreciated!

Mike
Clarky
Posted 16/10/2007 - 11:34 Link
You didnt get it wet by any chance :
So i assume you are getting some electrical responses out of it :
If its still under warranty it looks like a trip back Pentax.
If you can try resetting the camera back to its default settings.
But i am just clutching at straws sorry
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
sucko
Posted 16/10/2007 - 11:37 Link
Thanks Clarky.

Nope, didn't get it wet and have had aplay with the settings but no joy...
Kim C
Posted 16/10/2007 - 13:49 Link
If it is only a week out, I would take it back to where I bought it and demand a replacement rather than a repair. A repair would be fair after a month but not in a week.

Kim
Ammonyte
Posted 16/10/2007 - 16:25 Link
Try taking the batteries out for a couple of hours - I recall something in the manual about this in relation to static electrical charges.
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
sucko
Posted 16/10/2007 - 16:35 Link
Thanks Folks
Posted 09/05/2009 - 13:58 Link
Hi, I have the same problem with my K100D, turned it on last week, flash goes off, auto focus works, but no pictures.
Tried all the things advised in the manual.
Made sure there was a blank SD card in there
Put new batteries in (just in case)
But nothing. It has not got wet, I have taken the batteries out (for a week until I got some new ones)
Anyone got any ideas please?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo