Pentax equipment values
Posted 05/12/2008 - 21:38
Link
On ebay...
I have seen an A* 300 listed for £300 but it didn't sell.
The only F* 300 I have seen sold for £321.11.
The LX sells for a wide variety of prices depending on the viewfinder you have, condition etc. The standard FA-1 doesn't command much but any of the others will get you a better price (I'm still looking for an FA-1W). Of the 26 sales I have in my database they average at £250.
The LX winder averages at £65 (six sales). You'll get a better price selling the camera body, lens, and the winder separately.
From observation of ebay sales, you tend to get a much better price starting with a low opening bid and letting the market push the price up than starting near what you would like to get and hoping someone will open the bidding.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes, Kris.
I have seen an A* 300 listed for £300 but it didn't sell.
The only F* 300 I have seen sold for £321.11.
The LX sells for a wide variety of prices depending on the viewfinder you have, condition etc. The standard FA-1 doesn't command much but any of the others will get you a better price (I'm still looking for an FA-1W). Of the 26 sales I have in my database they average at £250.
The LX winder averages at £65 (six sales). You'll get a better price selling the camera body, lens, and the winder separately.
From observation of ebay sales, you tend to get a much better price starting with a low opening bid and letting the market push the price up than starting near what you would like to get and hoping someone will open the bidding.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 05/12/2008 - 21:43
Link
Thanks very much for that Kris. Its so difficult to know the value of such items. I guess it depends completely on whether someone somewhere is looking out for what you have to sell !! I might just try the e bay idea even though its not my favourite site.
Posted 05/12/2008 - 21:44
Link
Oh, you don't want that old crap!
Ill take your A*300, your F*300, and your LX off you for free!
Firstly, why are you selling the finest film era pentax equiptment around? Secondly, I'm sure many people on this forum could answer your questions very accurately.. but not me. Ill have a stab based on research though;
I looked around and came upto very different prices to kris.. around £300 for the LX, £500 for the F*300, and a whopping £1500 for the A* - perhaps he was confusing your A*300 F/2.8 with the A*300 F/4?
Ill take your A*300, your F*300, and your LX off you for free!
Firstly, why are you selling the finest film era pentax equiptment around? Secondly, I'm sure many people on this forum could answer your questions very accurately.. but not me. Ill have a stab based on research though;
I looked around and came upto very different prices to kris.. around £300 for the LX, £500 for the F*300, and a whopping £1500 for the A* - perhaps he was confusing your A*300 F/2.8 with the A*300 F/4?
http://www.behance.net/robbranigan
K20D, DA18-55II, FA50 1.4, DA10-17
To buy: Metz 58 AF-1, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA100M
K20D, DA18-55II, FA50 1.4, DA10-17
To buy: Metz 58 AF-1, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA100M
Posted 05/12/2008 - 21:52
Link
I am thinking I ought to sell the stuff because I dont use it, but I bet someone would be over the moon with it. I would much rather a proper 'Pentax person' had it rather than just someone looking for some quality 35mm kit .. If you know what I mean. Thanks very much for your thoughts on the matter Rob.
Posted 05/12/2008 - 21:58
Link
Mike if you send me a PM I will give you a bit of detail on the F*300.
Thanks,
Richard S
Thanks,
Richard S
Posted 05/12/2008 - 22:19
Link
I was in the queue first Rob...
Anyway, the figures for the LX vary widely on ebay, £250 is the mean of 26 sales. This is rather skewed by one exceptional sale of £641. A more robust estimate of the average is the median which comes out at £202.50 although the interquartile range (i.e. 50% of the sales listed) is from £160 to £335 although even that is skewed. Unless there is something special about it (pristine, boxed, unusual viewfinder, A series 1.4 lens...) £500 is unlikely.
The F* is based on a too small sample of 1 as I said.
I have almost certainly mis-remembered the A*. As it didn't sell, it isn't in the database, so I have no details. I am happy to stand corrected on that one although it remains impossible to suggest what it might get on ebay without comparative data.
It is inevitable that my database is a better guide to common items than rare ones!
I paste below the sales figures for LXs.
Best wishes, Kris.
date of sale price
Thursday, April 10, 2008 85.00
Monday, April 07, 2008 87.00
Sunday, March 09, 2008 113.51
Monday, November 24, 2008 117.00
Sunday, September 21, 2008 155.00
Sunday, November 23, 2008 157.02
Sunday, September 21, 2008 158.00
Sunday, February 10, 2008 163.08
Monday, September 29, 2008 167.39
Saturday, February 16, 2008 170.00
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 170.00
Saturday, February 09, 2008 180.00
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 200.00
Thursday, January 24, 2008 205.00
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 210.00
Sunday, April 06, 2008 225.00
Sunday, November 23, 2008 227.00
Sunday, March 09, 2008 290.95
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 330.50
Sunday, March 09, 2008 337.08
Monday, September 29, 2008 402.72
Sunday, September 14, 2008 405.13
Sunday, February 24, 2008 406.00
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 433.00
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 573.86
Saturday, April 05, 2008 641.96
PS. The set which went for 641.96 included a whole mass of stuff and would have made much more sold separately.
Anyway, the figures for the LX vary widely on ebay, £250 is the mean of 26 sales. This is rather skewed by one exceptional sale of £641. A more robust estimate of the average is the median which comes out at £202.50 although the interquartile range (i.e. 50% of the sales listed) is from £160 to £335 although even that is skewed. Unless there is something special about it (pristine, boxed, unusual viewfinder, A series 1.4 lens...) £500 is unlikely.
The F* is based on a too small sample of 1 as I said.
I have almost certainly mis-remembered the A*. As it didn't sell, it isn't in the database, so I have no details. I am happy to stand corrected on that one although it remains impossible to suggest what it might get on ebay without comparative data.
It is inevitable that my database is a better guide to common items than rare ones!
I paste below the sales figures for LXs.
Best wishes, Kris.
date of sale price
Thursday, April 10, 2008 85.00
Monday, April 07, 2008 87.00
Sunday, March 09, 2008 113.51
Monday, November 24, 2008 117.00
Sunday, September 21, 2008 155.00
Sunday, November 23, 2008 157.02
Sunday, September 21, 2008 158.00
Sunday, February 10, 2008 163.08
Monday, September 29, 2008 167.39
Saturday, February 16, 2008 170.00
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 170.00
Saturday, February 09, 2008 180.00
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 200.00
Thursday, January 24, 2008 205.00
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 210.00
Sunday, April 06, 2008 225.00
Sunday, November 23, 2008 227.00
Sunday, March 09, 2008 290.95
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 330.50
Sunday, March 09, 2008 337.08
Monday, September 29, 2008 402.72
Sunday, September 14, 2008 405.13
Sunday, February 24, 2008 406.00
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 433.00
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 573.86
Saturday, April 05, 2008 641.96
PS. The set which went for 641.96 included a whole mass of stuff and would have made much more sold separately.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 05/12/2008 - 22:25
Link
PPS.
Having just checked the A* 300mm photos out on Dimitri's site I was indeed thinking about the f/4 version not the f/2.8.
The f/2.8 looks a monster lens, it weighs almost 3kg compared to 850g for the f/4.
Having just checked the A* 300mm photos out on Dimitri's site I was indeed thinking about the f/4 version not the f/2.8.
The f/2.8 looks a monster lens, it weighs almost 3kg compared to 850g for the f/4.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 05/12/2008 - 22:29
Link
Thanks again Kris. The LX has the std FA-1 finder but is boxed, as is the winder, I even have the original up-market velvet pouch which came with the LX body !! Instruction books are there too.
Posted 05/12/2008 - 22:33
Link
I thought the price quoted for the A*300 2.8 was a bit light to be honest. Yes it is a big piece of kit, but the quality as you can imagine is nothing short of superb. I also have the 1.4x and 2x matched converters for that lens.
Posted 05/12/2008 - 22:34
Link
Oddly, I have the pouch too but it came wrapped around something else I think.
You mentioned other glass as well?
I'd be interested in the winder.
Best wishes, Kris.
You mentioned other glass as well?
I'd be interested in the winder.
Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 05/12/2008 - 22:42
Link
restyles wrote:
I thought the price quoted for the A*300 2.8 was a bit light to be honest. Yes it is a big piece of kit, but the quality as you can imagine is nothing short of superb. I also have the 1.4x and 2x matched converters for that lens.
Get thee behind me Satan...
I thought the price quoted for the A*300 2.8 was a bit light to be honest. Yes it is a big piece of kit, but the quality as you can imagine is nothing short of superb. I also have the 1.4x and 2x matched converters for that lens.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 05/12/2008 - 22:42
Link
Other bits that may be of interest possibly is a Tokina M/F 80-200 f2.8 one touch Zoom. The hood for that is amazingly still in one piece !! I also have an M series 24-35 zoom which I believe is quite sought-after.I would need to drag it all out to list other bits accurately. Oh there is a pristine AF500-FTZ flash too, but thats a bit modern !!
Posted 05/12/2008 - 22:49
Link
I have one sale of the 24-35mm which went for £48 but as I only have the one it is not a good guide to price. I cannot help with the other items.
Best wishes, Kris.
Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


68 posts
17 years
Norfolk UK