Pentax DA* 300mm £639.99 Amazon
Posted 25/11/2014 - 09:32
Link
Nice price for a DA*300, I also notice the DFA 100 f2.8 Macro is up for grabs a £299.99.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 25/11/2014 - 10:03
Link
There's loads of good prices on there this morning.
Ordered the 300. Can't wait.
Ordered the 300. Can't wait.
Posted 25/11/2014 - 10:13
Link
Thta's a snip. I paid £599 for a used 300* this year, not that it matters much for such a gem. I assume they are planning to re-issue/repackage as Ricoh HD ones then as with the Limited range?
Posted 25/11/2014 - 10:42
Link
and a big reduction due in used ones of these I guess,,,
Pentax HD DA Limited 15mm F4 ED AL Lens - Black
by Pentax
1 customer review
RRP: £589.99
Price: £304.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK.
Pentax HD DA Limited 15mm F4 ED AL Lens - Black
by Pentax
1 customer review
RRP: £589.99
Price: £304.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK.
Posted 25/11/2014 - 11:12
Link
wvbarnes wrote:
and a big reduction due in used ones of these I guess,,,
Pentax HD DA Limited 15mm F4 ED AL Lens - Black
by Pentax
1 customer review
RRP: £589.99
Price: £304.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK.
Great - just about to list my DA15 Limited in the For Sale section
and a big reduction due in used ones of these I guess,,,
Pentax HD DA Limited 15mm F4 ED AL Lens - Black
by Pentax
1 customer review
RRP: £589.99
Price: £304.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK.
LennyBloke
Posted 25/11/2014 - 11:37
Link
wvbarnes wrote:
I assume they are planning to re-issue/repackage as Ricoh HD ones then as with the Limited range?
There's nothing on the road map for that is there? I assume they are planning to re-issue/repackage as Ricoh HD ones then as with the Limited range?
Would it be worth waiting? What's the likelihood they change the sdm motor to the new dc motor as well?
Posted 25/11/2014 - 12:53
Link
richardmills wrote:
Would it be worth waiting? What's the likelihood they change the sdm motor to the new dc motor as well?
...or if the rumours (rumours... what rumours) about a Full-Frame DSLR in the first half of next year are true, then a facelift, HD coating and the "DFA" designation could be added to some lenses
wvbarnes wrote:
I assume they are planning to re-issue/repackage as Ricoh HD ones then as with the Limited range?
There's nothing on the road map for that is there? I assume they are planning to re-issue/repackage as Ricoh HD ones then as with the Limited range?
Would it be worth waiting? What's the likelihood they change the sdm motor to the new dc motor as well?
LennyBloke
Posted 25/11/2014 - 13:18
Link
LennyBloke wrote:
This would be my guess. Although some of these DA* lenses are pretty old now, how long does a lens design last on average? - might it possible that a full-on re-deisgn is in the works.richardmills wrote:
Would it be worth waiting? What's the likelihood they change the sdm motor to the new dc motor as well?
...or if the rumours (rumours... what rumours) about a Full-Frame DSLR in the first half of next year are true, then a facelift, HD coating and the "DFA" designation could be added to some lenses wvbarnes wrote:
I assume they are planning to re-issue/repackage as Ricoh HD ones then as with the Limited range?
There's nothing on the road map for that is there? I assume they are planning to re-issue/repackage as Ricoh HD ones then as with the Limited range?
Would it be worth waiting? What's the likelihood they change the sdm motor to the new dc motor as well?
I am wondering whether to go for the 200, 300, or 60-250. I would only use it occassionally, so maybe the 55-300 WR would be a better pick @ 220GBP.
Posted 25/11/2014 - 14:09
Link
wvbarnes wrote:
Thta's a snip. I paid £599 for a used 300* this year, not that it matters much for such a gem. I assume they are planning to re-issue/repackage as Ricoh HD ones then as with the Limited range?
Don't assume anything...... they did a similar deal a year or two ago with the 300mm and prior to that the newly released (at the time) 35mm f/2.4 went for about £65.Thta's a snip. I paid £599 for a used 300* this year, not that it matters much for such a gem. I assume they are planning to re-issue/repackage as Ricoh HD ones then as with the Limited range?
So these deals aren't connected to the life of the lenses.
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 25/11/2014 - 15:36
Link
What's not clear is whether Ricoh/Pentax are behind these deals or whether Amazon is taking a financial hit in order to put some of its smaller competition out of business. If Pentax were behind the reductions then one would expect to see SRS and other major dealers offering something similar...doesn't look like that is happening.
It's probably Amazon bringing in US stock possibly into Luxembourg or somewhere where they won't be paying EU import tax due to a 'cosy' arrangement then moving the goods throughout the EU without further tax implications. Great for the consumer (and being honest i'd consider buying at these prices) but in the medium term it will lead to less competition which is likely to mean higher prices in the future.
Just speculation...but that's my take on it.
It's probably Amazon bringing in US stock possibly into Luxembourg or somewhere where they won't be paying EU import tax due to a 'cosy' arrangement then moving the goods throughout the EU without further tax implications. Great for the consumer (and being honest i'd consider buying at these prices) but in the medium term it will lead to less competition which is likely to mean higher prices in the future.
Just speculation...but that's my take on it.
Posted 25/11/2014 - 15:54
Link
I read this thread about 2 minutes ago and I've already pulled the trigger on one ...dear me
Posted 25/11/2014 - 16:07
Link
Me too! Nearly bought one at £800 a few weeks ago so... boom!
Had a £5 promo balance too, so a snip at £635 for me. Only 6 left now... never look a gift horse in the mouth!
Had a £5 promo balance too, so a snip at £635 for me. Only 6 left now... never look a gift horse in the mouth!
K3/K5/10-17fisheye/15mmDA Ltd/18-55WR/55-300DA/100DFAMacroWR/50F1.4M/200F4M/DA*200F2.8/DA*300F4/DA*50-135/DA*60-250/Mitsuki 400F5.6/others.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


109 posts
14 years
Dorset
link
Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6, Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 WR, Pentax DA 55-300mm f/4.0-5.8
Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA 50mm f/1.8, Pentax D-FA 100MM f/2.8 Macro WR, Pentax DA*300mm f/4.0