Pentax compatible flash
Posted 22/02/2009 - 15:12
Link
Thanks Peter, When I bought the K20D in April 08, I thort £140 was a lot for the AF360. I had a cunningly plan which went like this, the price will come down next year so be cool and just wait. Well here I am, we have the recession house prices are falling but for some strange reason pentax flashguns are rising! Is this Gordon Brown and his Darling conspiring to right (or is it wreck) the economy at the expense of Pentax users?
Posted 22/02/2009 - 15:57
Link
I think it is more than likely due to American banks "screwing up" the world economy. Same thing is going on here in Canada. If you can afford it, I suggest you give a look at the Sigma EF530DG Super instead of ST. It has wireless function as well as better control on flash output (down to 1/64). If I remember correctly, the ST has only two power setting.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Posted 22/02/2009 - 16:36
Link
JoeHarryJames wrote:
Thanks Peter, When I bought the K20D in April 08, I thort £140 was a lot for the AF360. I had a cunningly plan which went like this, the price will come down next year so be cool and just wait. Well here I am, we have the recession house prices are falling but for some strange reason pentax flashguns are rising! Is this Gordon Brown and his Darling conspiring to right (or is it wreck) the economy at the expense of Pentax users?
The houses you mention were 'made in England' and have been well overpriced for years.Thanks Peter, When I bought the K20D in April 08, I thort £140 was a lot for the AF360. I had a cunningly plan which went like this, the price will come down next year so be cool and just wait. Well here I am, we have the recession house prices are falling but for some strange reason pentax flashguns are rising! Is this Gordon Brown and his Darling conspiring to right (or is it wreck) the economy at the expense of Pentax users?
Consumer electronics items are made in countries where they still like to make things that people want to buy.
Sterling's value has plummeted so now those things cost more to buy.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 24/02/2009 - 23:33
Link
Mr Pentaxian thank you for your comments which i have noticed on the forums are knowledgeable. Unfortunately after spending half a day at work phoning the length and breadth of the UK to buy a Sigma I have placed an order for the 530 ST Sigma. I will google the model EF 530 DG and see whether its more expensive and what its specifications are.
I did detect some enmity towards your American cousins which I thort lowered the tone of your posting somewhat, nevermind i thank you for the information on Sigma.
I did detect some enmity towards your American cousins which I thort lowered the tone of your posting somewhat, nevermind i thank you for the information on Sigma.
Posted 24/02/2009 - 23:50
Link
Mr Mannesty thank you for your contribution, you make several valid points to which I would like to add the following: The houses in England were not overpriced they were selling at market price, Just like they are in Spain.
consumer electronics generally come from Asia where the cost of labour is cheap.
Sterling has plummeted but if those in the know are to be believed Sterling will be back up there in two years time.
consumer electronics generally come from Asia where the cost of labour is cheap.
Sterling has plummeted but if those in the know are to be believed Sterling will be back up there in two years time.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


55 posts
18 years
thanks