Pentax A 50mm 1.2

fourfivesix
Posted 13/02/2012 - 15:01 Link
I have a A 50mm 1.2 mf lens that I dont use very much, I tend to use the 1.7 version more for some reason. Does anyone know how much the 1.2 sells for? Thanks in advance
flickr
link
milamber
Posted 13/02/2012 - 15:15 Link
Quite a lot because it doesn't come up much. One sold on Ebay for over £400 a few weeks back, but that's unusual.

There is a current auction for one on Ebay now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asahi-SMC-Pentax-50mm-f1-2-/230745571766?pt=UK_Lenses_...

Worth watching this as it will give you a pretty good idea depending on the condition of yours, though Ebay can be up and down obviously.

The US forum suggests an average of just under $500, but US prices aren't the same as here.
Edited by milamber: 13/02/2012 - 15:18
fourfivesix
Posted 13/02/2012 - 15:34 Link
I'm a little confused, mine says 1.2 on the front and the one in the link says 1:2.1. Is there two versions of this lens? thanks in advance
flickr
link
milamber
Posted 13/02/2012 - 16:09 Link
Sorry - my mistake. I linked to the 'K' version and yours is the 'A'. This should be yours.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/smc-PENTAX-50mm-f-1-2-Exc-/160730761741?pt=Camera_Lens...

One of these sold for that price a couple of weeks back so worth quite a lot by the look of it.
Mike-P
Posted 13/02/2012 - 16:15 Link
A version on Ebay a few weeks ago LINK

I was going to bid but forgot all about it.
fourfivesix
Posted 13/02/2012 - 16:20 Link
Mike-P wrote:
A version on Ebay a few weeks ago LINK

I was going to bid but forgot all about it.
Help still confused both of he lenses in the links say 1:2.1?
flickr
link
milamber
Posted 13/02/2012 - 16:23 Link
Thinking about it and looking at your last post are you sure your lens isn't f2 rather than f1.2? That would say 1:2 on the front, not 1:1.2. If it is that makes a big difference in price.

This is an f2 'A'

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PENTAX-SMC-50-mm-F2-PKA-LENS-PENTAX-GX10-GX20-KM-D-K-R...

If it's not that best post a picture!
Edited by milamber: 13/02/2012 - 16:25
Mike-P
Posted 13/02/2012 - 16:23 Link
Are you sure yours isn't a f2?

Does the aperture start at f2 or f1.2?
fourfivesix
Posted 13/02/2012 - 16:40 Link
The front of the lens states 1:2 and the first f number is 2. Thought it was too good to be true.
flickr
link
Mike-P
Posted 13/02/2012 - 16:59 Link
That's why you find yourself using the f1.7 a lot more

A mount 50mm f1:2 = Sold one about 4 weeks ago for £27.50 with postage.
Algernon
Posted 13/02/2012 - 18:01 Link
Mike-P wrote:
A version on Ebay a few weeks ago LINK

I was going to bid but forgot all about it.
Or was it that you don't like dealing with conceited ebay sellers

"....it not only gives the brightest view in the viewfinder
I have ever seen, but pin sharp images at full aperture.

I also looks fabulous!"

-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Opethian
Posted 13/02/2012 - 22:16 Link
Eventually, I'd like to have a 50mm A 1.2 myself.
sorted78
Posted 14/02/2012 - 08:41 Link
Algernon wrote:
Mike-P wrote:
A version on Ebay a few weeks ago LINK

I was going to bid but forgot all about it.
Or was it that you don't like dealing with conceited ebay sellers

"....it not only gives the brightest view in the viewfinder
I have ever seen, but pin sharp images at full aperture.

I also looks fabulous!"

-
Ah, but one of the advantages of an eBay transaction is that you don't need to meet the seller. Fortunately in this case, they didn't include a self-portrait with it! (and the lens arrived quickly, in good shape and hasn't left my camera since)
Algernon
Posted 14/02/2012 - 08:55 Link
What you mean it's stuck!

Nice lens I've got the 'K' version plus two Tomioka 55mm f/1.2's
I'll have to get rid of at least one shortly
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
sorted78
Posted 14/02/2012 - 10:27 Link
Quote:
I've got the 'K' version plus two Tomioka 55mm f/1.2's
Both nice lenses as well - I've got the K version as well (which I'll now have to get rid of) and have had a Porst (Cosina designed, I think) version in the past which was fun, but not a patch on the Pentax options.

The Tomioka version seems excellent as well - I don't envy your choice!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo