Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax 67 bayonet mount filters question

Posted 20/06/2003 - 10:21 Link
Hello all,

I am a newcomer to the Pentax 67II and am baffled at the bayonet filter mount on lenses such as the 82mm. Presumably Pentax make filters for lenses such as this? Ideally of course I would like to get one big polariser (i.e. 95mm) and use step-down rings to use it with my various lenses. However, for a lens that only takes bayonet filters such as the 45mm I am not sure such rings/adaptors exist. Likewise if I wanted to use Lee filters on this lens I would presumably run into the same problem?

I certainly can't be the first person to have these doubts and there must be a way around this; unfortunately I can't find it!

Many thanks,

James
Posted 20/06/2003 - 11:23 Link
I wasn't too clear in my post above...what I meant to say at the beginning was the 82mm filter for the 45mm lens.

Thanks,

James
johnriley
Posted 13/07/2003 - 20:26 Link
According to the pentax price list on this web site the 45mm 67 lens does indeed take 82mm filters, and a selection of these is also given. Thinking of the lenses that my ADAPS firend Len Hudson uses I thought this lens took screw type filters. Is the bayonet fitting not for a lens hood to be attached?

As a general comment, if you can't get a particular filter in the Pentax range then B&W have an extensive selection. As regards adapters, SRB Services, who advertise regularly in AP, can provide or make just about anything that you can imagine!
Best regards, John
Posted 14/07/2003 - 07:38 Link
in fact the Pentax documentation is misleading as it implies that the 45mm only takes bayonet mount filters whereas it actually takes bayonet and screw thread.
Anonymous
Posted 29/11/2003 - 04:26 Link
I've had a 45mm for my 67 for around 10 years, and have had no problem using standard filters.

I bought a secondhand bayonet skylight for my 105mm some time ago - it's fine, as you'd expect a genuine Pentax filter to be - but apart from speed, it offers no advantage. And it can't be used with a second filter, or a lens hood other than the Pentax bayonet one.

On balance, I'd suggest sticking to Hoya...

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.