Photomonk
Posted 04/03/2010 - 11:52 Link
I just came across this news release:
Quote:
Pentax, ArcSoft collaborating on camera package

Software to be bundled with compact digital cameras

By Adorama News Writer

March 4, 2010
ArcSoft has just announced that it is collaborating with Pentax to bundle MediaImpression image management and editing software with Pentax's latest compact digital cameras.
FREMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ArcSoft, the industry leading multimedia software provider, has announced a partnership with PENTAX to provide ArcSoft MediaImpression® for PENTAX’s compact cameras starting with the five latest models announced in spring 2010.

“We are glad to be working with PENTAX to bundle ArcSoft MediaImpression”

ArcSoft’s MediaImpression provides users with intelligent ways to organize, view, and edit their photo, music and video. It also provides easy access to share the media to popular online sharing sites such as YouTube®, Flickr® and Facebook™*.

“We are glad to be working with PENTAX to bundle ArcSoft MediaImpression,” said Sean Bi, ArcSoft’s Vice President and General Manager of APAC. “The powerful management, editing and sharing features in MediaImpression makes it the perfect companion for the cameras, which empowers users to perform all media-related tasks in one single application.”

”The upcoming new cameras are all well-designed and highly-usable cameras, in which we have strong confidence,” said Mr. Kawauchi, Manager of PENTAX’s Product Marketing Department. “And we’re pleased to include ArcSoft MediaImpression with these cameras, so users can make the best of the media they take.”

For more information about Pentax’s latest 2010 spring offering, please visit http://www.pentax.jp/english/index.php. To learn more about ArcSoft MediaImpression, please visit www.arcsoft.com/intouch/pentaxi10ipr.

*Available in Windows version

The above is an unedited press release provided by ArcSoft.

The Photomonk
nass
Posted 04/03/2010 - 12:00 Link
Nice find

It's funny that at http://www.arcsoft.com/en-us/software_title.asp?ProductCode=PS6 their photostudio6 package (image editing) says: "The program fully supports popular RAW file formats by Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Adobe (DNG), Sony, Kodak, Olympus, Sigma, Mamiya, and Epson". Tsk tsk

This was exactly the sort of step I'd expect a smart company to take - I think the development of software in-camera will hugely outpace hardware over the next few years
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!
Edited by nass: 04/03/2010 - 12:01

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.