Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pear Buds

Lubbyman
Posted 18/03/2019 - 20:16 Link
If life, weather and the pear tree cooperate, I'll try to catch the flowering of the buds and the development of the pears in due course. Blue sky rather than grey would have been a better background for the pair of buds but I could be waiting a looong time for that at the moment. K3 + Irix 150mm

Comment Image

Comment Image

The buds are fine example of natue refusing to give up without a fight. Here is the tree in 2011. I cut it off below the lowest branch, expecting the stump to die. In 2012 it sprouted new branches. It is now a productive tree again - albeit a strange looking specimen

Comment Image

Steve
pschlute
Posted 18/03/2019 - 22:12 Link
Nature will fight to the last breath !
derek897
Posted 19/03/2019 - 00:49 Link
I like these, lovely light and tones. Good shooting
I know what i like, If not always why.
Lubbyman
Posted 19/03/2019 - 13:59 Link
Thanks folks.

pschlute wrote:
Nature will fight to the last breath !

I sincerely hope that's as true for the human species as it seems to be for others - my wife is currently in hospital trying to recover from a mysterious infection.

Steve
Gwyn
Posted 19/03/2019 - 15:35 Link
Best wishes to your wife.

I like these photos. Our tiny pear tree has just one bud again this year, after His Nibs knocked one off accidentally. It managed two pears last year, but turns out they are cooking pears not eating pears so they were disappointing to eat! If it manages any pears this year I shall know what to do with them.
If it doesn't maybe I should chop it down .

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.