Late to the party - 2018

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 19/03/2019 - 11:08
Hi all,

I know it's March (already!!) but I've been very busy over the last few months and photography has had to take a back seat, especially when it comes to backing up, organising, post-processing... And my film stuff is even worse with a huge backlog of processing and scanning.

However, I decided to select a few shots to represent my 2018. After 2017, which was very eventful and provided plenty of scope for photography, last year was relatively low key, though with some key highlights - a trip to Italy in January, a hot-air balloon festival in Segovia, Spain in the summer and not least, the birth of my daughter, Mara, in late November and a full eight weeks earlier than due, spending a month in hospital. I think you can figure out why I've had little spare time...

There were a few other trips - Edinburgh, Asturias, Bilbao - which gave me some photographic release too.

Not all of these were shot on Pentax gear, but most were. Unfortunately there are no film shots here as the only ones I've got as far as scanning, I'm not entirely happy with, so I've stuck to digital. I haven't fully organised or processed so these may well not be my best of the year, but they're what's available.

Florence panorama 2
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

ITLY4509_1

ITLY3981_1

Balloon panorama 1

Panorama 6a

Early sun

Asturian coast

Bilbao

El Atazar panorama 2a

Window light

Boots

Mara
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

wombat101010

Link Posted 19/03/2019 - 12:46
Congratulations dad, loving the boots, wouldn't fancy sitting in the chair though.
Regards
Steve

Gwyn

Link Posted 19/03/2019 - 15:41
Congratulations on the birth of Mara! I hope she is thriving.

Congratulations too on this set of photos. Love the boots, and Morning Sun and the Italian fields. The photo of Mara is wonderful - the look of love for that tiny scrap of humanity.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.