Late to the party - 2018

Jonathan-Mac
Posted 19/03/2019 - 11:08 Link
Hi all,

I know it's March (already!!) but I've been very busy over the last few months and photography has had to take a back seat, especially when it comes to backing up, organising, post-processing... And my film stuff is even worse with a huge backlog of processing and scanning.

However, I decided to select a few shots to represent my 2018. After 2017, which was very eventful and provided plenty of scope for photography, last year was relatively low key, though with some key highlights - a trip to Italy in January, a hot-air balloon festival in Segovia, Spain in the summer and not least, the birth of my daughter, Mara, in late November and a full eight weeks earlier than due, spending a month in hospital. I think you can figure out why I've had little spare time...

There were a few other trips - Edinburgh, Asturias, Bilbao - which gave me some photographic release too.

Not all of these were shot on Pentax gear, but most were. Unfortunately there are no film shots here as the only ones I've got as far as scanning, I'm not entirely happy with, so I've stuck to digital. I haven't fully organised or processed so these may well not be my best of the year, but they're what's available.

Comment Image

Florence panorama 2
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

ITLY4509_1
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

ITLY3981_1
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

Balloon panorama 1
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

Panorama 6a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

Early sun
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

Asturian coast
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

Bilbao
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

El Atazar panorama 2a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

Window light
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

Boots
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

Mara
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
wombat101010
Posted 19/03/2019 - 12:46 Link
Congratulations dad, loving the boots, wouldn't fancy sitting in the chair though.
Regards
Steve
Gwyn
Posted 19/03/2019 - 15:41 Link
Congratulations on the birth of Mara! I hope she is thriving.

Congratulations too on this set of photos. Love the boots, and Morning Sun and the Italian fields. The photo of Mara is wonderful - the look of love for that tiny scrap of humanity.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo