Paris Colour 2

KenH
Posted 28/04/2010 - 13:20 Link
some more:

1. Napoleon's Tomb
Comment Image


2. A Vermeer plus fan.
Comment Image


3. Guess what?
Comment Image


4. Under the tower.
Comment Image
Photography is putting one’s head, one’s eye, and one’s heart on the same axis. HCB
K20D and various stuff.
womble
Posted 28/04/2010 - 13:42 Link
Modest little mausoleum for old Napoleon! I know this is one of my chips on my shoulder but I think it would look better with the converging verticals corrected?

Good shot of the tower.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
bwlchmawr
Posted 28/04/2010 - 15:16 Link
Love the shot of the Tower with La Defense in the back ground. Went there for our honeymoon but was not a great success: next twenty seven yeasr were/are better, though!

Vermeer is my favourite artist, bar none!

Well done!

Andrew
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
KenH
Posted 28/04/2010 - 15:25 Link
bwichmawr wrote:
Love the shot of the Tower with La Defense in the back ground. Went there for our honeymoon but was not a great success: next twenty seven yeasr were/are better, though!

Vermeer is my favourite artist, bar none!

Well done!

Andrew
am glad I hit some chords with you Andrew!
Photography is putting one’s head, one’s eye, and one’s heart on the same axis. HCB
K20D and various stuff.
davidtrout
Posted 28/04/2010 - 15:52 Link
I'm more fond of La Defense than I am of the Eye Full Tower, its much more to my photographic taste. Nice set of pics, makes me wish I was back in Paris.
david.
Edited by davidtrout: 28/04/2010 - 15:52
davidtrout
Posted 28/04/2010 - 20:23 Link
From where did you take the picture of the Eiffel Tower and La Defense - if it was the Montparnasse Tower that's quite a long way off and you must have been using a helluva lens. Or where you up in an aircraft?
david
KenH
Posted 28/04/2010 - 23:00 Link
davidtrout wrote:
From where did you take the picture of the Eiffel Tower and La Defense - if it was the Montparnasse Tower that's quite a long way off and you must have been using a helluva lens. Or where you up in an aircraft?
david
Hi David, you guessed correctly in that it was taken from the Montparnasse, at a focal length of 70mm! 15m pixies and cropping took care of the rest!
Thanks for the interest.

Ken
Photography is putting one’s head, one’s eye, and one’s heart on the same axis. HCB
K20D and various stuff.
womble
Posted 29/04/2010 - 00:13 Link
I had all my gear nicked on the Paris underground and so I am in no hurry to return! Funny how one bad incident can colour your views so strongly. I hope whichever French person ended up with my MX, three lenses and flash gun appreciated them!

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
i-Berg
Posted 29/04/2010 - 07:33 Link
womble wrote:
I had all my gear nicked on the Paris underground and so I am in no hurry to return! Funny how one bad incident can colour your views so strongly. I hope whichever French person ended up with my MX, three lenses and flash gun appreciated them!

Best wishes, Kris.
Grrr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo