Panoramic head
Posted 28/10/2013 - 18:52
Link
sebas77 wrote:
Hi,
I own already a ball head, but i guess I am not wrong if I say they are not the best to take panoramas.
Correct - you need to have the lens swivel around the entrance pupil to avoid parallax errorsHi,
I own already a ball head, but i guess I am not wrong if I say they are not the best to take panoramas.
Quote:
I'd like to get a not too expensive panoramic head with degrees marked and maybe a level. There are so many options out there and therefore I ask you which one should I go for.
The most not too expensive one I could find was an old model Nodal NinjaI'd like to get a not too expensive panoramic head with degrees marked and maybe a level. There are so many options out there and therefore I ask you which one should I go for.
http://www.nodalninja.com/
2nd hand off ebay for about £70 IIRC
Taking pano shots is good fun.
here's some I've done ...
https://www.360cities.net/image/bridge-ferry-meadows-peterborough-cambs#356.30,0.50,82.6
https://www.360cities.net/image/burnham-mkt-village-phone-box-xmas-day#357.80,0.20,110.0
https://www.360cities.net/image/burnham-mkt-hoste-arms-christmas-day-2012#354.40,-3.40,75.0
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 28/10/2013 - 18:59
Link
wow thank you, 70 pounds is all right! Which model do you think I should get? I have never used such a thing, I do not even know how to use it
Posted 29/10/2013 - 00:32
Link
Not having tested all models I'm not position to say really. All of them will do the job I would suspect.
As for learning how do it, there are plenty of tutorial vids on youtube that will help.
I use a DA 10-17 to take 6 horizintal shots in portrait orientation 60deg apart, and then a zenith and nadir shot(s). The hardest part is taking enough nadir shots to compile a version without both the tripod, and shadows of the tripod ( or yourself ) in shot.
For example this nightshot took dozens of shots to avoid shadows. Also severe bracketing was needed to avoid blown out exposures of the garage signs and lit forecourt.
https://www.360cities.net/image/guyhirn-pitstop-and-ex-adult-shop-cambs#736.99,2.82,60.8
.
As for learning how do it, there are plenty of tutorial vids on youtube that will help.
I use a DA 10-17 to take 6 horizintal shots in portrait orientation 60deg apart, and then a zenith and nadir shot(s). The hardest part is taking enough nadir shots to compile a version without both the tripod, and shadows of the tripod ( or yourself ) in shot.
For example this nightshot took dozens of shots to avoid shadows. Also severe bracketing was needed to avoid blown out exposures of the garage signs and lit forecourt.
https://www.360cities.net/image/guyhirn-pitstop-and-ex-adult-shop-cambs#736.99,2.82,60.8
.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 29/10/2013 - 08:21
Link
All that you really need is a bit of string with a weight on it and some decent software Quick and easy.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


597 posts
14 years
Southsea
I own already a ball head, but i guess I am not wrong if I say they are not the best to take panoramas. I'd like to get a not too expensive panoramic head with degrees marked and maybe a level. There are so many options out there and therefore I ask you which one should I go for.