Overwhelmed by choices....

jeallen01
Posted 23/10/2012 - 20:51 Link
If you can afford it, it still might be worth looking at an 18-135WR.

I bought one before I went on holiday last month and it got a lot more use than I thought it would - very compact, light (just over 400gms and not much bigger than the 18-55), WR spec, and pretty sharp. That would mean that you don't need the 18-55 anyway - and it is very useful to have some overlap in the zoom ranges and so don't need the 55-300 in some short-medium distance scenarios.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
giofi
Posted 23/10/2012 - 22:21 Link
I would also think that a 18-135 + 55-300 would be a good investment, if your budget allows both. When you will be back, the 18-135 would be a great lens to have.

And there is an used one for sale in the classifieds.
Al-Ro
Posted 24/10/2012 - 10:27 Link
Giofi - I was considering the 18-135mm, even though it's the more expensive. I can't seem to find the item you've menetioned in the classified section - although it could be a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees...
giofi
Posted 24/10/2012 - 12:13 Link
It is here
jeallen01
Posted 27/10/2012 - 18:03 Link
If the one in Classified Ads has gone, Mifsuds have one for £299 - http://www.mifsuds.com/acatalog/Used_Pentax_AF_Lenses.html
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Al-Ro
Posted 01/11/2012 - 10:50 Link
Great... thought I'd made a final decision and then the lens kit with the 18-135mm is roughly the same price as the 18-55mm and 55-300mm. Which is a drop of £150... not including the £50 cashback from Pentax

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo