Outer Hebrides - ICM/Multiple Exposures

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 25/05/2018 - 13:53
Hi all... as threatened, a selection of ICM/Multiple exposures from my trip to the Hebrides... all done in camera, using a combination of ICM, Multiple Exposures (various blending modes), and sometimes a combination of the two... all processed in Lightroom (no Photoshop layers etc, not that there's anything wrong with that, just not what I tend to do)... All K1, various lenses...

Any thoughts, observations, questions etc all welcome as ever...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

bjolester

Link Posted 25/05/2018 - 14:33
Outstanding photography. My immediate favorites are no.11+12. Thank you for sharing!
BjÝrn

PPG
Flickr

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 25/05/2018 - 16:32
Fabulous, not a disciple of Doug Chinnery or Valda Bailey are you? I like all of them, but most of all I like 5.
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

damperman

Link Posted 25/05/2018 - 17:10
Great images, I like 6, 10, 11, 12.

davidstorm

Link Posted 25/05/2018 - 19:55
These are masterful, not a dud amongst them and one of them is truly inspirational. No. 16 is the one for me.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Sry

Link Posted 25/05/2018 - 21:55
A very intriguing set. I find I'm looking mainly at the colours in these, and am awed by how they blend and flow into each other. I have a preference for those with softer lines/textures (11 and 12, say, as opposed to 5 and 7). Your whole Hebrides series has been a feast for the eyes and soul. And all done with quiet elegance...

Defragged

Link Posted 25/05/2018 - 21:56
Very artistic indeed and worthy of any gallery wall.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 25/05/2018 - 22:12
Extraordinary images!
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

stosser01

Link Posted 25/05/2018 - 23:40
there are some damn fine shots there, makes me sad that I live so far from a dynamic ocean

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 26/05/2018 - 11:49
Defragged wrote:
Very artistic indeed and worthy of any gallery wall.

+1

Really excellent standard Bill...Pentax should be well pleased with the quality of your work.

Regards

Karlo

swarf

Link Posted 26/05/2018 - 16:09
Bill

What a great selection and variety of styles. Very hard to pick out favourites, but for what it's worth 1, 6, 9, 11 & 16 for me - all worthy of any gallery.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/05/2018 - 16:15
Great selection - again all excellent examples of a technique that sounds easy but certainly isn't in practice.

Number 10 has the most serene beauty to it - the pastel colours coupled with the simple composition make this a gallery or wall hanger for me.

Thanks for sharing Bill
LennyBloke

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 27/05/2018 - 11:26
Thanks Bjorn, Peter, Colin, David, Serge, Defragged, Will, Stosser, Karlo, Phil, John for positive thoughts and comments on these... always much appreciated my end...

Peter, gd point you make re Doug and Valda... have been championing their work round these parts for a number of years now... also always worth looking at the work of others in this field eg Chris Friel, AndrewSGray, Leeming &Paterson etc... and their forebears Freeman Patterson, Michael Orton, Alexey Titarenko et al... have been interested to see how ICM/ME seems to finally be becoming more integrated into the mainstream photographic conversation over the last 12 months or so...

Serge, thanks for kind words re the series... itís a trip thatís left quite a mark on me, and have really enjoyed putting these posts together... have one more in the series, Infra Red, which Iíll post when I have a moment over the next week or so...

Thanks again all...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

derek897

Link Posted 27/05/2018 - 23:00
Nowt to be said that hasnt already been said, as ever all great, but if I had to pick one it would be no 1, Just savage.
Cant wait to see your IR shots
I know what i like, If not always why.

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 28/05/2018 - 22:31
Thanks Derek... will post the IR shots in a week or so...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.