Outdoor On-Camera Flash Examples

davidstorm
Posted 31/03/2017 - 19:11 Link
Question for Nigel:

Have you not tried using a collapsible softbox that attaches to your flashgun? These are cheap and very effective.

BTW, this is a response to a comment posted early in the thread when you were being asked whether the shots were with a flashgun pointed directly at the subjects.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
McGregNi
Posted 31/03/2017 - 20:19 Link
Hi David, I think I know the sort of thing you mean, having browsed around Amazon a fair bit ! I haven't used one with an on-camera flash, mainly because it's another thing to handle and fall off (!) , plus I figure that to make a real difference it would have to be too big to be practical .....but if it's effective as you say then it sounds like it's worth trying , thanks .
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
davidstorm
Posted 31/03/2017 - 21:04 Link
It's clearly not an umbrella or a large softbox, but it is surprisingly good at diffusing the output. I use it for macro mainly, but it would be great for general use out and about. The best thing is it is collapsible and so light / portable.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo