Out for a walk
Posted 03/09/2009 - 04:54
Link
Nice shot, but I think you are still a bit too fast. Just a little bit of blur on the trees and leaves.
Pentax K10D, *istDS
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2
Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2
Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen
Posted 03/09/2009 - 09:53
Link
Like the composition of this shot but am confused by the comment above that it is too fast as the trees and leaves are out of focus, can you explain please, the f stop was 11 so may be increasing that would have given a wider area of focus but I do not understand the suggestion that it was too fast unless that is what you meant that the stop would be better set at 22 rather than the shutter speed being set to a faster setting.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 03/09/2009 - 12:28
Link
This shot was taken at 1/50s at f9 and the lady's were walking quite slowly. I think that if I tried to shot at a slower shutter speed with the DA* 50-135mm lens at 135mm I may have had some camera shake.
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Posted 03/09/2009 - 13:22
Link
Sorry, read the EXIF and then forgot what I read though it said f11 where as you say it was f9, do think that a larger number may have helped if the light was good enough, I do however like the composition very much.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 03/09/2009 - 14:38
Link
Really like the alinement....alittle more colour green would of been nice for me..
Posted 04/09/2009 - 11:22
Link
Hi Thordell, it was really only meant as a joke “The older I get the faster I was”. Obviously Dave didn’t use a tripod maybe because he was in a hurry to get the shot with the ladies still in it, am I right Dave?(Meaning he’s still fast)
Pentax K10D, *istDS
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2
Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2
Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen
Posted 04/09/2009 - 13:17
Link
goggalee wrote:
Hi Thordell, it was really only meant as a joke “The older I get the faster I was”. Obviously Dave didn’t use a tripod maybe because he was in a hurry to get the shot with the ladies still in it, am I right Dave?(Meaning he’s still fast)
Hi Thordell, it was really only meant as a joke “The older I get the faster I was”. Obviously Dave didn’t use a tripod maybe because he was in a hurry to get the shot with the ladies still in it, am I right Dave?(Meaning he’s still fast)
Yes it was a fast shot without a tripod before the lady's disappeared around the corner.
I must be slowing as I did not get your joke.
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Posted 04/09/2009 - 14:30
Link
Sorry goggalee I did not see the joke, I must be taking my photography to seriously because I have always prided myself that the only thing that has survived the ageing process is my sense of humour
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 04/09/2009 - 19:58
Link
I noticed the "fast" joke at once !
And I start to think, that you have a bit of humor in all of your pics
It is just nice pic, but it makes me smile - you have cought a moment, and the moment is a bit funny again
And I start to think, that you have a bit of humor in all of your pics
It is just nice pic, but it makes me smile - you have cought a moment, and the moment is a bit funny again
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


592 posts
19 years
Frampton,Lincs
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link