Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Our Great Photo Processing Shootout!

This topic has a poll - login to enter
Posted 22/10/2012 - 23:44 Link
It was revealed too soon,
but yeah, I am probably the only nut-job that voted for #2

I would probably not been able to guess which of the ones had gone through what process, but #1 stood out as the one 'crafted' the most.
As in, it was 'tailor-made' to be more broadly pleasing, kinda like pop music

For me atleast #1 lost its character, and I honestly have never seen anything like that anywhere outside.
The bottom 1/3rd looks off(especially the grass), the tree-line to the right looks too 'perfect', and the 'fog' leaving the lake toward the hill looks like a 'turd'
davidstorm
Posted 23/10/2012 - 00:00 Link
SnoozeMoose wrote:
the 'fog' leaving the lake toward the hill looks like a 'turd'

I'm so glad we have someone on the forum who is careful to consider his words before making them public

God bless you sir, you have given me the biggest laugh I've had for a while on the forum!

Thanks for voting for my image too

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
tsp_k-5
Posted 23/10/2012 - 10:51 Link
Image 1 for me too - it appears sharper, the yacht is more defined, I like the sun catching the mist at the base of the mountain and find the more natural colours more pleasing, giving a warmer feel and IMHO a better overall image. I feel that image 2 is too blue and seems darker.

That said, it all depends on the effect you are trying to achieve and the image that you are trying to portray, so everyone is going to have an opinion and a method that works for them, though that may change depending on the original image and the desired result
K-5 / Pentax 10-17 / Sigma 17-70 / Pentax 55-300 / Sigma 105
sarc
Posted 23/10/2012 - 12:14 Link
Image 1 for me as it has the most subtle tones.

As a matter of interest I took a screen shot of image 2 and ran it through PS4 and came up with a photo very similar to image 1. The detail in the cloud's being the exception. That I think points to there being no difference in the software used.

Cheerio

Bob

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.