Optio S5i, no screen picture

jonhal
Posted 29/04/2007 - 13:39 Link
I´ve had a S5i for two years and now no picture comes up on screen and all the pictures turn out black. Display mode works, so there´s nothing wrong with the actual screen. Battery is fine. I´ve tried taking the battery/memory card out, to no avail. Any suggestions before it have to go to the hospital muchly appreciated. Jon
Tyr
Posted 29/04/2007 - 14:58 Link
I guess the CCD has died or a connection has been lost on the main board. You're probably looking at needing a replacement as it is unlikely that you can get that repaired. You may try contacting Pentax support and see what they say...
Ammonyte
Posted 29/04/2007 - 20:31 Link
Have you tried re-setting the camera? You will have to go into the menu and look for "factory reset" or "Reset to defaults".
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
jonhal
Posted 01/05/2007 - 09:23 Link
Thanks both of you. I´ve now also tried to reset all, but it is still sick, so I suppose the next step is the hospital. Jon

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo