OOD film developing?

Hardgravity

Link Posted 04/12/2010 - 08:51
Ok the problem is I've acquired a reel of HP5 film and it's slightly out of date, by several years.

To develop it how much longer than the usual 7 minutes is it going to need?

Is there a formula that I could be using or will it just be trial and error?
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

johnriley

Link Posted 04/12/2010 - 08:53
You could do a clip test, just removing a short length of film and test developing that first. Then you can extend development for the main part if necessary. Plus 20% seems reasonable, but the clip test is best to make sure.
Best regards, John

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 04/12/2010 - 09:51
Agree with the clip test. I was shooting film till about half a year ago when I made the jump to digital but I still got Film in the Freezer (Bought lots cheap as there where still just in date. By placing them in the freezer you stop the emoultion from decaying. Take it out 24h before use and then develop as usual. No clip test needed then.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.

gartmore

Link Posted 04/12/2010 - 10:43
I agree with John on 20%, the problem is that you just dont know how it has been stored.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Hardgravity

Link Posted 04/12/2010 - 13:25
Thamks for the advice, now I've got an idea what to do I'll start to play with it.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.