older macro lens

nass

Link Posted 10/12/2014 - 06:32
Melness, older manual macro is worth more than a punt, especially if it's only a passing fancy. What are you hoping to shoot, that'll give us a clue as what best to suggest.
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 10/12/2014 - 08:38
davidstorm wrote:

I must be going a bit senile tonight as that's two thread replies that have confused me! Firstly, the FA50 is not a macro lens; it is a standard 50mm prime. It can be used for macro on tubes or bellows, but so can any other prime lens....

You're not going senile David , it's just there are 3 lenses that can be described as "the FA50" - there's a 1.7 and 1.4 standard lens then there's the 2.8 Macro lens - a superb lens ( http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-FA-50mm-F2.8-Macro-Lens.html ) - well worth a punt
LennyBloke

johnriley

Link Posted 10/12/2014 - 08:45
It's the slightly incomplete description that caused the confusion. The macro lens is a D-FA Macro, the FA is a standard lens, not macro.

SMC Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4

SMC Pentax-D FA 50mm f/2.8 Macro

These are the two currently available 50mm FA designated lenses.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.