old Press Print -- Soccer Action

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 09:20
Taken many years ago now --must be 1973 or 1974 at Wembley Stadium when Billericay Town won the 'FA Vase' -- I was covering it for the 'Billericay ARGUS' newspaper which went broke in 1980. It says on print ' Asahi Pentax Electro=Spotmatic + 300mm f5.5 Hanimex, Ilford HP5 processed in Promicrol.
I no longer have that CAMERA but I do still have that old LENS. I scanned a darkroom print found in my files.

been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

womble

Link Posted 03/02/2016 - 19:21
Excellent action shot. Who needs AF...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

JAK

Link Posted 04/02/2016 - 12:26
Clone the ball out and we can have of one of those spot the ball competitions the local papers used to have!
Great capture.
John K

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 05/02/2016 - 11:33
Ha ha -- sometimes if I didn't get the ball in the right place near enough the Sports Writer used to 'cheat' and cut out a ball and stick it on the print where HE wanted it then the print would go for letterpress block making and pic would come out in the paper looking 'Perfec' all BEFORE PhotoShop was invented !!
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

pgweber

Link Posted 05/02/2016 - 11:40
Peter Elgar wrote:
Ha ha -- sometimes if I didn't get the ball in the right place near enough the Sports Writer used to 'cheat' and cut out a ball and stick it on the print where HE wanted it then the print would go for letterpress block making and pic would come out in the paper looking 'Perfec' all BEFORE PhotoShop was invented !!

What did you call it? Footy-shopping?
Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.