Off on my holidays!

beginner
Posted 25/08/2009 - 18:23 Link
I'm off to Lincolnshire for my holidays...I've never been in that area before ,so I was wondering if there are any places I must visit!,,,,for photo oppertunities of course!....I wait in hope!..........Ken
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Edited by beginner: 25/08/2009 - 18:24
davidtrout
Posted 25/08/2009 - 19:01 Link
Ken,
Lincolnshire is a big county so it depends where you are staying. In the north there's the Humber Bridge which is spectacular. Then there's Lincoln itself, a historic city with a cathedral. In the south there's the Fens with miles of fields full of vegetables in a very flat but striking landscape. Boston is a busy sea port near The Wash with the highest church tower in England, known as the Boston Stump. Its a good haul to the top up the narrowest spiral steps but the view is worth it. There are also historic houses and gardens, such as Belton House near Grantham.
I'm not an expert on the bird life like you but I'm sure the Fens and the mudflats of the Wash area must have some interesting specimens.
Have a good holiday, David.
Edited by davidtrout: 25/08/2009 - 19:18

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo