not quite overwhelmed - huddersfield
Posted 03/08/2010 - 16:54
Link
Welcome Graham and ask away!
I have a similar background in television.
You might find, given your prior experience, that a good place to start might be to set everything to manual and use the K7 much as you did your Mamiya but you'll find a wealth of knowledge here and everyone willing to share it.
I have a similar background in television.
You might find, given your prior experience, that a good place to start might be to set everything to manual and use the K7 much as you did your Mamiya but you'll find a wealth of knowledge here and everyone willing to share it.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 04/08/2010 - 01:33
Link
Hi Graham and welcome to the forum. Much like you I have been finding it hard coming to grips with digital, but as suggested by Ken I began using manual and experimented with the various auto settings. Trial and error plus multiple readings of the manual has helped greatly. This is a wonderful forum in which to ask questions - very friendly and helpful members!!! With your experience I'm sure that looking through the Gallery and reading how others have produced the shots while also asking questions will speed you along the learning path.
Best of luck, good to have you aboard,
Stephen
Best of luck, good to have you aboard,
Stephen
I gladly welcome C & C's. Being foggy minded they really help me learn.
Posted 04/08/2010 - 08:24
Link
Welcome to the Forum Graham!
Posted 04/08/2010 - 11:04
Link
Hello and welcome.
I was much the same when I got my K10D. At first I set the camera to "P", and left everything at the default setting until I got used to it. After a couple of years of use, I have learnt how to use it, and now have it set how I want it.
G
I was much the same when I got my K10D. At first I set the camera to "P", and left everything at the default setting until I got used to it. After a couple of years of use, I have learnt how to use it, and now have it set how I want it.
G
Armed with a K3, some M, A, FA, DA, and star lens. With an eye open for "just one more lens".
My PPG link
My PPG link
Posted 04/08/2010 - 11:32
Link
Welcome to the forum. You should find all of your answers on here, at least, I have
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 04/08/2010 - 12:22
Link
Hi Graham, welcome
Graham
Graham
Posted 04/08/2010 - 19:14
Link
Hi and welcome.
Regards, Tom
K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,
Pentax Photo Gallery
K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,
Pentax Photo Gallery
Posted 22/08/2010 - 01:12
Link
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


16 posts
16 years
Graham